Trip to London | Squat the Planet

Trip to London

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
it was 10.06.14 early monday morning, a friend gave me a goodbye present, small bag of weed. I got my backpack from my parents home, met my traveling partner Monique with her german shepard dog, got some vodka and was siting on the side of the highway sipping beer, in 5min we got our first ride some 70miles. We managed to get thrue Warsow by the night and put up our tent behind some parking. Rolled few joints, drank vodka and beer sitting in the night underneath the stars.

in the morning some polish construction workers gave us some tea and we were on the road again. We werent lucky and got our first ride only at about 5pm, but managed to get just few miles past german boarder into large truck stop. Put up our tent and aphter few joints we went to sleep.

morning wasnt prommising because police were cheking all the trucks and its illegal to have 2 passengers. But we managed to cross german boarder and made it to utrecht at abot 10pm. We fare dodged our way to Amsterdam by train and in there met our friend Minde who was living in my other friends squat. Shitload of weed, booze and a rest.

some days passed and rumours about eviction reached us. We met some latvian and lithuanian friends who showed us a block of empty flats. So we tried to squat one and cops came, ran our id and me and Monique had some unpaid fines which ended in staying 4 nights in jail. Than i got out Minde had already secured one flat. We connected electricity and furnished, painted and overdid whole flat our way. Aphter a week or so workers cut off electricity but we reconnected it from a street light. We spent our days shoplifting, smoking weed, geting wasted and having barbeques in park. We even made it to tv because we gatherd empty bottles for 600euro. It was last days of july and the squat got evicted. So 20of us and a dog tried to go fairdodging with trains to rostock(germany) to Force Attack open air. Ended up spliting somewhere near german boarder. Next day Me, Monique, and 4 other friends made it to Osnabruck. 2 friends went hitching and 4 of us continued going by trains. We met in rostock, spent a night in abandoned construction site. And went to festival. We made fake wristbands and didnt pay for ticket. Wicked... We spent a week in rostock. And 4 of us took train to Hamburg, 2 friends continued to scandinavia. And we managed to get to netherlands till night and continued our trip hithcing. Thrue next day we made it to Ostende, some friendly bikers took us to their club and home and next day to calais. We managed to get a ride to england and called it a night. Somewhere around 10.08.10 we were in London, met our friends and continue to squat here.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads