tree house just outside NOLA

Brad-Odsal

Reaction score
My friend found an abandoned tree house in the woods 15 min. outside of New Olreans in Chalmette. A bus ride down St. Claude into Arabi and then a 15 min. walk or I would say 30 min. bike ride.
Right now it is just a raised square wooden platform with each corner nailed to a tree with a support beam underneath and a ladder for access. The cool thing is there is still some left over wood and also another platform at the entrance to the woods. I was thinking of enclosing the bottom half and making a room, maybe even enclose the top half. Anyone is welcome to come and help add on to it or just chill, squat, party whatever just be cool and discreet.

Brad-Odsal

Reaction score
Cool, its in the woods behind the big park that is next to walmart. I can show you where it is if you are around.

laughingisharder

Reaction score
My friend found an abandoned tree house in the woods 15 min. outside of New Olreans in Chalmette. A bus ride down St. Claude into Arabi and then a 15 min. walk or I would say 30 min. bike ride.
Right now it is just a raised square wooden platform with each corner nailed to a tree with a support beam underneath and a ladder for access. The cool thing is there is still some left over wood and also another platform at the entrance to the woods. I was thinking of enclosing the bottom half and making a room, maybe even enclose the top half. Anyone is welcome to come and help add on to it or just chill, squat, party whatever just be cool and discreet.
Super cool, you should draw a map and take a few snaps so we can check it all out.

DavidMD

Reaction score
Nice. I live a few hours from NOLA so the next time I'm here I should explore around to find it.

Some pictures would be cool. I'm wondering how high up the treehouse is.

Brad-Odsal

Reaction score
its 10 x 10 ft wood platform raised about 8 ft of the ground. We put a 4 person tent on top of the platform. Sorry no pics, no camera. If anyone wants directions message me.

zaman_27

Reaction score
Brad, if i buy you a beer and weed,can you do me a favor and message me your cell phone number? coz I'm in san francisco right now, and there is a scheme called homeward bound which gives people free tickets to anywhere in the USA. bunt i need someone in new orleons to verify that they know me. PLEASE... i will help repair the tree house and make it real nice. bye.

laughingisharder

Reaction score
.....there is an edit option, and do you really think someone is going to infiltrate this website? Plus it's just a tree house...not even, just a bored in a tree, we should build these all over and stash gear around them with maps and pilgrimages to reach them. Eh eh

Reactions: RVLG

RVLG

Reaction score
laughingisharder said:
we should build these all over and stash gear around them with maps and pilgrimages to reach them.
Not a bad idea, really. It sounds like a fun way to travel. Treehopping:
0F8FFD0730E396B61D33D03C88AE18AC.jpg

Reactions: fackshat

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads