Traveling with a blind dog any advice

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
My girlfriend just got a pup he can't see well and we think he'll eventually go blind does anyone have any advice about traveling with a blind dog or if it's even possible. Anything advice helps. Thanks a lot

Juan Derlust

Formerly 'palmazon'
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Limbo
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Oy vey - here goes with some impractical César Millan-derived advice: get her/him a companion. Years ago, I worked on a house in preparation for an episode featuring a blind dog; initially, the owner wasn't even aware the dog was blind - the dog wouldn't go up or down stairs (this was a crazy hillside place in Hollywood with hundreds of steep steps). Anyway, César determined the dog was blind - an able-sighted canine buddy was all it took.
I realize it's totally impractical, but I wish you the best of luck nevertheless

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
this aint what you wanna hear but um, that aint a good look. for the pups safety and ya'lls also thats just not a good idea.

Jackthereaper

Pilgrim
StP Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Earth
Reactions
90% 1% 9%
It depends on how you travel.. if you rv around the country then a blind pup is no problem. If you hop freight i really think pup should stay home where its safe. Does he navigate by bumping or is his sight good enough to see objects in his path?

OP
OP
GuyXsmith
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Seattle
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
It depends on how you travel.. if you rv around the country then a blind pup is no problem. If you hop freight i really think pup should stay home where its safe. Does he navigate by bumping or is his sight good enough to see objects in his path?
. He can see just not very well but we think he will eventually lose his sight

Juan Derlust

Formerly 'palmazon'
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Limbo
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Please forgive me if this comes off as harsh, but are you a canine opthalmologist? I'm wondering how you arrived at your prognosis. Seriously - I'm not trying to be a jerk.