Traveling around

alphameda

Reaction score
I am going to be traveling around the states pretty soon.
It is the sort of thing where I'm taking off with everything on my back/in my pockets and headed to wherever, if i find a city that tells me to stay, then i will make my life there.

I am an eagle scout, and have 4 years of additional wilderness survival training, so i am going to mainly be camping out anytime possible, but i am also going to use couchsurfing.org when i can. As i have decided to buy a smart phone so i can have internet for sites that will help when out on the road.

My means of transportation is going to be trains,buses,hitch hiking,hiking in the woods as much as possible as well.

In a month or two i will post what i am bringing for my trip.

So my question is, What route's should i take?, what are some cool areas/towns/wilderness parks to stop by at?

I am going to be leaving this summer and so far i think it is going to roughly look like this:
Leave from Washington,cross Idaho, and camp in yellowstone in may with a friend for 2 weeks, leave friend, head east into montana.

Then from there?????????

Thats where i need help, i would appreciate any tip of advice, as i can only find so much studying alone on all the different places in the states.

Thanks

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
prepare for the worst, pack as light as you can - then cut that in half, cause you probably won't use most of it but the most important things (i.e. food, tarp, knife, musical instrument,etc)

if you want my opinion, it all depends on the kind of mindset you have while you're on the road. if you're set on planning your every stop thruout your "trip", you're limiting yourself and setting yourself up for disappointment. i think you should keep it open, and just go with the flow...i can't count the number of times i've planned on doing something/going somewhere and then had things completely turn around in another direction in life.

i'm sure you'll meet up with some kids and take it from there..lol
happy trails~

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads