Travelers

Railroadways

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
In need of some social whacked out party times wirh some other tramps!
Im around Tulsa headed west towards Amarillo then up to trinidad Colorado .
If any ones around these areas and wanna chill pm me

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
Send me a message if you're closer to denver or the front range area. I am always open to meeting new people as well as lending a hand to travelers.

(Also, there is a town in new Mexico near Trinidad, colorado called "Taos". I spent some time there a few years back, it was chill, it's like an artsy hippie type town, I was able to rent a teepee behind the youth hostile for dollars a night, where I connected with some beautiful traveling hippie girl, she reminded of the girl from sublime's version of scarlet begonias:
"A tight tie-tie-dyed dress, she was a psychedelic mess,
We toured through the north, south, east and west.
We sold some mushroom tea,
We sold some ecstasy,
We sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and PCP
The one scarlet with the flowers in her hair
She's got the police coming after me."
-sublime; scarlet begonias; grateful dead cover
...any way, it was a great time. If you're out that way you might want to check it out. )
(Even though generally that area of the country isn't very crust, tramp, or squatter friendly, somehow I have always had a good time out there, but then again most people think I am a hippie. )

• Sad
Reactions: Railroadways

Railroadways

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
THanks man ill definitely get at you if i end up there! I hear about Taos all the time and always seem to go around it!
And its funny u mention it because i was thinkin about going back down to New Mexico after i hop up to colorado!

LysergicAbreaction

Reaction score
Yeah, Taos was awesome for me, and while it's expected that experiences will differ between individuals, it probably wouldn't hurt to check it out if you have the time. I am actually curious as to how much the place has changed. ...This thread makes me miss that girl I met out there, I lost touch with her somewhere near Fremont, California a few months after meeting her. ...I guess its to be expected from fellow wandering souls, and trying to restrict or confine a girl like that would be like breaking an angels wings, so I always understood that you have to let her fly free no matter how much you adore her, but still, I miss her.

Any way...
some homebum was telling about a mesa near taos where you can set up and live basically for free. It might have been pajarito mesa, but I honestly can not remember, it sounded interesting though. I guess a bunch of people have trailers and houses up there, and the police generally won't respond to calls to the area. He told me there are a lot of drug users, and that if the community doesn't want you there there's a good chance you will disappear, what did the guy say? Something like "most of these vacant buildings are not unoccupied... if you know what I mean", but other than that it sounded pretty cool.

..colorado has always been somewhat of a trap for me, I intend to visit and end up staying for years on end, now due to a medical situation I can't travel very far, but if it had to be anywhere to have to settle for a while I am glad it was here. Denver and the east bay California are the two areas where I always end up becoming settled, whether I like it or not.

Any way, feel free to send a message if you are in the area, if you don't make it out this way that's all good too, I wish you safe travels and good luck regardless.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads