Traveler in East Ky?

stefanib123

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My friend sent me this photo yesterday. It was taken at the Walmart in Pikeville Ky. Pikeville is a very out of the way small town that doesn't get many travelers. She sent me the photos, thought I might know them. (Yeah, I know every traveler, right?okkkkkkkkk)

Anyway, what time I am still here (til summer 2015) I would be happy to offer a couch or rides to anyone coming thru here. Or any other help you might need that I can help with. I hadn't posted it here before because no one ever comes to this town.

If anyone knows this kid, and knows if they are still around this area, tell them to holler at me if they need a ride or any other help.

BTW, the sign says "traveler, too ugly to prostitute, too honest to steal". When she posted it on facebook, everyone loved it, said they would have gave him money just for the creativity ! LOL...those signs WORK my friends!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415290525425.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1415290525425.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 421
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415290564284.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1415290564284.png
    996.2 KB · Views: 452

Rob

Reaction score
Hah, pretty cool. Sometimes those out of the way areas are really good for flyin, people aren't descencitised to it and still have a heart.

stefanib123

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You will see someone spangjng, or busking, maybe once a month or every couple if months. My cousin sets up a roadblock every so often, too. Lol. You know like schools or charities will do? Well, out here in the country, just about anybody can do it. The cops MIGHT show up, but he's usually gone before that happens. They usually just tell him to quit it, anyway.

stefanib123

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It's about 3 or 4 hours from Louisville. My son lives in Lexington.

I'm surprised you''ve even heard of it, though. Nice to meet ya, too , neighbor!

There's actually a CSX yard here, and in the next town over Williamson, W.V. Back in the day, my sister and I would skip school, and ride the coal trains to Williamson to see boys, lol. 13-14 years old, dumber than shit.

Reactions: buffalobill

buffalobill

Reaction score
Haha thats great yeah ivr been over to the daniel boone forest and i think one of my friends is from down there i want to do a bike tour toward there one of these days ha but its up for grabs

Kal

Reaction score
I was in Pikeville about 4 to 5 years ago. People were friendly and helpful.

Jacoby

Reaction score
Website
www.7-waves.net
Holy shit. I grew up in Prestonsburg. So random seeing someone from Pikeville on here.

Reactions: stefanib123

skipthistown6661

Reaction score
My friend sent me this photo yesterday. It was taken at the Walmart in Pikeville Ky. Pikeville is a very out of the way small town that doesn't get many travelers. She sent me the photos, thought I might know them. (Yeah, I know every traveler, right?okkkkkkkkk)

Anyway, what time I am still here (til summer 2015) I would be happy to offer a couch or rides to anyone coming thru here. Or any other help you might need that I can help with. I hadn't posted it here before because no one ever comes to this town.

If anyone knows this kid, and knows if they are still around this area, tell them to holler at me if they need a ride or any other help.

BTW, the sign says "traveler, too ugly to prostitute, too honest to steal". When she posted it on facebook, everyone loved it, said they would have gave him money just for the creativity ! LOL...those signs WORK my friends!

I was just in the paintsville martin county area last month.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads