travel with an accordion? | Squat the Planet

travel with an accordion?

Zandra

Reaction score
Hello I have an accordion and I plan to hop out but how the fuck should i carry it? any good ways to lug it? advice much? thankszz

this is how big it is compared to me...

Attachments

• 167109_181837685171425_100000355843726_488205_5330763_n.jpg
    167109_181837685171425_100000355843726_488205_5330763_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 363

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was wondering this same thing about the washtub bass I've been building for the last several months. I want it to be something I can travel with but they're usually so odd shaped it would be a chore. I figured I could break it down and use the tub itself as an almost turtle shell that would cover my pack doubling as rain protection, I'm still figuring out ways to mount the stick.neck etc to the sides, that would run north south with my body to stay out of my legs way when walking. It's not the typical washtub I should mention, I've got groves of manzanita some as large as 25 feet tall with trunks 3 feet around, they're very old growth for manzanita. I have some naturally fallen and cured branches some 10 inches thick that I've hand carved a post and neck from, so it's kinda a custom gig.. not just the typical stick and tub. I'm looking forward to finishing it some day, and hope my plans of travelling with it are realistic. As for your accordion.. it looks pretty damn big but as Michael said, pack it up and go.. it'll put hair on yer chest...

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Remember: Play an accordion go to jail, That's the law. My friend left his accordion in the back of his car overnight. When he woke up the next morning his car window was busted out and there was two accordions in the back seat! Anyone else got any accordion jokes?

R

river dog

difference between an accordian player and a treasury bond? one actually matures and earns money.
why'd the banjer player cross the street? to beat up the accordian player.
jeez
dont ya have a giant case? but no straps...

Zandra

Reaction score
harde harde har har. don't make fun of the squeeze box...you must be jelousssss ;)
I have a case but I was talking about to put it on your back or pack..

bryanpaul

Reaction score
ok here is a idea that just came to me.... you can buy these fold up grocery cart things
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_QYc-z4rREurOPPkLZACcM_jJ_F8nfS9vf79xxRsQOIf0-N-7rg.jpg
images
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXcIiIA_tKdnCI53YONq05fRDD5yaLOtuU2i7WvbXAs5D82ea3Eg.jpg

i bet you could rig one up so folded up it becomes a frame pack or unfolded you can wheel your accordian around in it..... i bet with some thought and sewing and modifications it would work

TreyEZ

Reaction score
Unless you downsize, as someone else pointed out... that accordion is going to be
a chore to travel with......

Otherwise, perhaps you can get a backpack that Hunters use to carry dead deer corpses with.
They usually have a fold out platform, and several straps to lash the corpse onto it with.
Expensive, Yes.... but a second hand one, not so much.....

Just an idea..... Or build a pack yourself

L.C.

Banned
Reaction score
^Those things look like shopping carts. Could things get any worse? First I'm playing an accordion, now I'm pushing a shopping shopping cart, what's next?

Reactions: Zandra and TreyEZ

TreyEZ

Reaction score
haha Bag and Box lady.........
If someone saw you pushing that cart, they'd figure you had something valuable
and it might get you jumped/mugged quicker... just a thought.

or, turn the cart upside down and have a mobile home

Reactions: Zandra and L.C.

L.C.

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe that I posted 3 times in a thread about accordians, I'm such a loser. Oh no!!!! Ohhh My God!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm trolling it!!!!!! It must be the twighlight zone!!!! (In the twighlight zone dudes voice) A young man, at home, alone, on his computer runs across a thread about accordions. He posts a joke about accordions, and finds himself writing another post. Soon he can't stop writing posts on accordions. Soon his friends see his avatar on the thread again , and again. He starts speaking polish, and eating sausages. He presses a like button under the picture of an accordion! He suddenly wakes up on a street corner playing one of those vial things as his girlfriend walks away for the last time ashamed of her new ex, while his friends laugh at him, parents walking by tell their children not to look as they hold their children's ears closed, senior citizens spit on him and call him a loser , and he looks down at a tip jar that;s been completely empty for 14 hours since he posted up there at 6 am to busk. He has just entered the accordion players zone!!!! Dooo-dooo dooo-dooo dooo-dooo dooo-dooo dooo-dooo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads