travel to california

vagrant1313

Reaction score
hey all

I am new here, never put anything here. But I am a good person, travelling from city to city. Doing this or that, minding my own business. Consider myself a transient by this point. Homeless since last year.

this is what I am requesting, as the thing said

I am from the west coast and there is no way I can sit around this stupid town where I am now that is on the east coast, find a job and save up the bus ticket money. I have found a way out however. There is a homeless center place that has travelers aid if you know what that is. It is a free bus ticket to anywhere in the continental United States if you only have somebody pick up the phone and say I know this person, yadda yadda yadda. Then somebody has to lie and say I know them and they can stay with them, only to answer the question to scam this homeless center, and trust me it is only travelers aid which is in the state budget

keep your gripes about how this will affect whoever to yourself because I have got to get back to Los Angeles and tired of playing games with the people here. You would cry if you knew how much police have hassled me and people call them on me for hanging out here, going it to this place, doing this or doing that. Doing nothing and they tell me to leave because I must be hurting business because nobody gives a damn about you here. Then they tell you not to go back, for what. Who cares, they are all making this place unliveable and I probably have rights to sue the city at this point. They harass me, I am a law abiding citizen. The people here and local government is the problem.

Well you can understand my request now I hope. You scam the woman that calls you, I know her and she trust me. It is up to you. You will never hear from them again and you obviously will not be doing anything wrong. You will never hear from me again. I am trying to make it to Los Angeles from where I am, and I am on the east coast. Unfortunately no people, family members will help me otherwise

So if anybody is interested please let me know, I will be going back to this place the next while and look for responses

thank you

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wow. just. wow. good luck... i guess?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
The universe has its ways :)

thanks dude for offering - I've seen a couple of these things happen on facebook groups and I want no part of and so I stayed right out of here but hey for offering to help.

:)

Reactions: Brother X
D

Deleted member 20

I have used travelers aid before. It is a great resource. I dont know why you dont have anyone who can answer the phone on the other end? If you love the West Coast so much, why dont you have any friends or family there????? I m sure that there is much that you are not sharing with us that has lead you down this path. I really dont need to hear your version of events, either.

They also give you an envelope & ask that when you get on your feet to consider paying back the cost of the ticket. Travelers aid is there to be used by travelers who are stranded. You sure as hell sound stranded. Keep in mind that this is a travelers website & many of us would have & could have gotten from the East Coast to the West Coast & back a bunch of times in the amount of time that you have been getting harassed by the cops for being a homebum.

If you want to stay a homebum & not learn & or want to evolve past thinking that the whole world is against poor innocent you; than Welcome. If you really feel like you are the victim than perhaps you are better off as a homebum forever.

There are endless options for travel & survival in this country without ever having to go to a homeless shelter or to scam anyone. We all have the ability to spange, fly signs, collect cans or work for some money. We all have a choice as to what we spend this money on. There is no shortage of soup kitchens & bum feeds. There is craigslist rideshare that if you are clean & showered & honest about your situation you can find rides. Megabus is cheap & or able to sneak on. Obviously hitchhiking is free & anyone with at least 1 thumb can do it. PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT RIDING TRAINS!!!!> You are not ready! You are like a preschool equivalent of a traveler at this point. The fact that you can go online & learn about STP & travelers aid leads me to believe that there is hope for you yet. Keep it simple, keep reading & learning.

While I am not hating on the fact that you cannot figure anything out on your own yet. At least you found your way to this website. Perhaps you can start your adult education to becoming a traveler. I think you may have acquired many bad habits with your first year as being a transient. This evident since you are at a Homeless Center. ::confused::

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Can you put a clause in there like: "as long as you stay in L.A. for the next 5 years? Or... If you give $5 to the site when you get your first paycheck?"

I think it is unrealistic for us to require someone receiving benefits from Travelers Aid to stay in LA for any amount of time. Travelers Aid is a 501c3 nonprofit & funded by the United Way. They exist to help Travelers but also need to have Travelers who seek their help in order to justify their existance. This kid seems like exactly the types of people that they help. If he thinks this method is going to work for the rest of his life of cross country travel than he is crazy.

Him donating to STP does sound fair but expecting him to get a job & or draw a paycheck to assimilate into capitalist society isnt realistic. I doubt he could even if he wanted to. I dont think that capitalism & earning an income is for everyone & respect any of us who choose to live outside of the wage slave economy. I do think that he can show some love back to STP however he can come up with a few bucks for a donation to our cause if one of our users helps him out. I got a feeling though that once he gets his free ride that he will disappear until he needs to scam someone else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

travelers aid which is in the state budget

Wrong! They are a 501c3 nonprofit. I am sure that they compete for grants from the government & or from other nonprofits & corporations, raise funds & accept donations.

keep your gripes about how this will affect whoever to yourself because I have got to get back to Los Angeles and tired of playing games with the people here. You would cry if you knew how much police have hassled me and people call them on me for hanging out here, going it to this place, doing this or doing that. Doing nothing and they tell me to leave because I must be hurting business because nobody gives a damn about you here. Then they tell you not to go back, for what. Who cares, they are all making this place unliveable and I probably have rights to sue the city at this point. They harass me, I am a law abiding citizen. The people here and local government is the problem.

You sound so PATHETIC! Please dont blame others for your problems here online. This isnt the homeless shelter. You sound like such a young, whiny and entitled homebum. No, I would not cry! I wouldn't be doing the same lame shit as you. It sounds like you are crack spanging customers in front of stores & cant figure out how to travel out of NC.

You have a long way to go from humbum to traveler so you better hold back the tears & start taking an active interest in your own life. If you think LAs skid row is where you want to spend the rest of your days with your homebum peers than go right ahead.

vagrant1313

Reaction score
hey guys I wanted to respond to highwayman, and thanks Kim Chee for the complements to welcoming me to here. and Matt for the welcome, I don't know. I know I have to explain what I meant with the word gripes, I will try to do so. I am talking about what you all believe in, the way money doesn't flow into the people that innocently get displaced out of life and organizations, charitable authorities and persons with the capacity to do so never let you budge without walking away crying in the back of your mind how pathetic you looked

the way people think they should destroy homeless sense of self before they discipline themselves to give a damn about a person lost out of the fabric of society however they may or may not having followed working order of the world, without questioning them, a dollar bill walking around only trying to become a productive member of society with the strength around their bleeding bones it is. Conceding, making their own discernments to not break the laws and one day, that shining day in the past have a nice four mile trench to fill with sweat and toil before they have their moment in the mirror to question his own confidence after a day's work at acceptance back into subservience

any way it was to keep out those that might have thought I was going to cause further pain on the channels of money going into the down trodden and that this would make some giant whale about the spew forth a rainbow of tasty porridge into those it considers might happen to recycle through a knuckle hair off their hand wringing plagiarism of the way of their hedge-fund managed destruction charitable game of what ever.
I say draft us all into the damn military to have a purposeful and reasonable suicidal existence and get it over with

D

Deleted member 20

I say draft us all into the damn military to have a purposeful and reasonable suicidal existence and get it over with
We have an all volunteer military but remember that many who join on their own free will still cannot actually gain admittance into the military or even complete basic training. I am a former US Marine so I can share experience & wisdom on this subject; having actually been there & done that. People in the military usually prepare & try not to get killed so unsure of Suicidal Existence is applicable.

The military, traveling & life requires discipline, effort & a bit of luck.

If being in NC makes you want to kill yourself? How will another location change what is obviously an internal set of issues that you will take along with you, wherever you are? If you are suicidal than I get it but joining the military may make you more suicidal and allow you to be around firearms & explosives. If you feel that you cant take NC anymore than by all means get moving. I am really not against the Travelers aid part of your travel plans, more so the crazy talk about suing the city & being hassled etc. You must admit that you are contributing to your own situation by simply being in an unwelcome place & perhaps by some of your own actions.

I hope that you can look back at your post a few years from know & see how trivial your situation sounds. Then try to prevent others from commenting by stating "keep your gripes about etc... Have you ever heard he saying "Give a man a fish. feed him for a day" in a sense you are asking for that fish but myself & others are trying to teach you how to fish! You sound just as fucked up as some of the rest of us & seem to ramble with the best of them. I am glad that you are capable of taking some constructive criticism too.

Keep your chin up kid, You will be fine.

I posted this back in 2013 that is basically advocating for those in a pickle to reach out to Travelers Aid. I still stand by that & figure if you don't have any other skills to travel & survive on the fringes of society that why not use it. Others have mentioned how The Salvation ARmy, Catholic Charities & other nonprofits provide similar services for people who are stranded. You do sound stranded to me so who cares if you dont actually have a place to stay at your future destination or anyone to answer the call.
https://squattheplanet.com/threads/...ee-ticket-out-of-town.6803/page-3#post-121502

I am glad that you found us here on STP. Let us know how your trip goes & how your skills & experiences as a traveler evolve & grow.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads