Video Travel Forever With Seasonal Jobs (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Art101

Wanderer
Current Location
Cheyenne WY
Man just seeing this makes me missing catching out from Seattle in the fall to head to Boise to work at Bogus Basin.Worked rest. during the summer in Seattle and winters at a ski area.

Art101

Wanderer
Current Location
Cheyenne WY
I've worked with several people who do a summer job then travel to their winter job.Usually its something like Yellowstone or Glacier Nat. Park.Some even fight fire during the summer.Then running chairlift,ski instructors,and things like that during the winter.

Bastian

Lurker
Current Location
Wellington, Fl
Another good job to add to this list wouod be jump crew/course building for horse shows. The pay is exceptionally well. Especially if you take care of horses as well, braiding mane/tail, grooming, feeding, etc. For the jump crew you usually start off between 125$- 200$ a day.
For braiding you make 125$ per mane - 200$ for mane and tail.
Summer months horse shows are everywhere all over the world. Winter months are usually down in florida in wellington.
Also most horse show jobs provide room and board as well as food. Tough work but when youre making 1500-2500$ a week you cant beat it.

Ironweed

Pilgrim
Current Location
Ogden, UT
Ah... Nice job Matt! Little Austin Annie is laying out the Hobo way. A Bo works and wanders by freight. :) I've had some success with asking for work in towns I come to. I'll even do the old school method of knocking on doors to work for food. Yessir. It still works sometimes! Although, like other posters have commented; You can get burned by unhonest folk. Another thing to be careful of are the slave agencies. (Labor Ready, Laborworks, etc.) I'll use em if I cannot find anything and am really desperate. What you have provided is 21'st century hoboing and it is great!

Personally, I leave the sign flying to the tramp class. :p

E

etpyh

I deleted myself
wwoof and workaway are specifically for unpaid jobs though. Payment for extra work can be arranged with the host sometimes though.

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
171 Market St, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Imho much more likely to find a wage on helpxnet than workaway. This super smoking hot babe that gave me a ride in Denver told me about workaway recently, and she was so convincing I went and purchased a membership shortly after without even looking through the site. I've since learned that basically you'd better have a picture perfect profile and Facebook and skill lists for these kinds of people to want anything to do with you, or otherwise be a bi-lingual foreigner. just think couch surfing, but geared toward international exchange and people looking to volunteer their time for extended periods. Very few money making possibilities. Just FYI... I would have recommended helpx over workaway to myself, or anybody like me who is just looking for a straight forward, minimal bs place to land and make a buck / learn new skills without a game face.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/camperforce/
https://www.jobs-ups.com/employment/united-states-part-time-hourly-and-seasonal-jobs-jobs/1187/12085/6252001/2
http://www.sugarbeetharvest.com/
http://www.clm-services.com/employment/job-openings
www.workamper.com
https://www.usajobs.gov/
https://gacc.nifc.gov/gbcc/equip.php
http://www.happyvagabonds.com/Jobs/Oil-Field-Gate-Guard-Jobs.htm (2 ppl needed, IC license, $150-175 a day)
http://www.rrmofa.com/
http://www.americanll.com/find-a-workamping-job
http://www.xanterra.com/

Then there's
- any temp agency
- fairs/carnival/amusement parks
- race track turn marshals (~$125 a day)
- ski towns
- dog walking apps
- halloween stores
- nurseries
- landscaping

I hate camp host places that want a picture of you and your "rig" it smells immediately of discrimination. Some will even outright say they demand a new or near new RV....yeah I want to clean your shitters for $8hr the go sit in my quarter million dollar RV or $50k TT.

Last edited:

pewpew

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Current Location
Benson, United States
My mom is doing this kind of thing with her camper, she seems to enjoy it and always has something lined up. Granted it's not always the best of jobs but when the company pays for your site which includes water, wifi, electricity and sometimes gas, it's virtually 0 rent. So that low paying seasonal job adds up pretty well. Last year she worked in Iowa at a theme park and then Kentucky at Amazon. I met back up with her here in New Mexico working at a Dairy Queen inside of a traveling center. They hired me as well, and pretty quickly too. It's only $8.50 an hour but again, everything is paid for so all you have to do is collect so saving money is pretty easy, and the job is literally 50 feet away from me, so can wake up, throw on uniform and walk in the back door.

This particular area also has trailers for rent which again includes all utilities with a washer and dryer. It's free right now since I'm staying with her in her camper but she's leaving for South Dakota in April for another job, so I'm gonna rent one of the trailers for $150 a month. Will probably just stay for a month anyways so won't be bad, just here till I can upgrade/replace some gear.

Anyways, it's basically like one of those websites
Workamper News | The Original Resource Of Jobs For RVers, Since ...
Opportunities for Workamping (or Work Camping) -- over 175 sites in ...
I believe it's called, and highly recommend it for you rubber trampers out there.

Last edited:

HippieGangster

Pilgrim
Current Location
On The Road
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey ya'll, this is actually my video which is super old and quite poorly made. The website has since changed, so navigation is different. Might make an updated one in the future....
I've actually been applying for line/prep cook positions this past week and still havn't heard anything back yet. However it is a bit late in the hiring season and I'm limited to what I can do since my injury. Anyway...

Glad this has helped others.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
Yuup. I work for the National Park Service in the summer, and do my traveling in the winter. It works really well, in order to replace gear and save money. Also, unemployment is awesome. Im thinking about switching to winter seasonal work, and traveling in the summer time.

HippieGangster

Pilgrim
Current Location
On The Road
Website
www.youtube.com
Death Valley in the summer? Fuuuucck that. Winter sure. Last time I rolled through there in May was 100 something degrees, sandstorm, and drinking a gallon in under 20 mins still felt like my life was being drained. Horrid lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

forgot how fast people'll throw the first blow in the street
got complacent having only sparred with friends recently.
was socked in the head,
only managed to block the second blow or so
before being knocked to the ground

(to be fair, knocking us off our feet isn't hard when we require a cane or smth to support ourselves most days)
Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??
The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.

Staff online

• Tude
    Sometimes traveler is traveling.