Transamerica Bicycle Trail Eastern Express Route | Squat the Planet

Transamerica Bicycle Trail Eastern Express Route

duderino

Reaction score
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
http://www.easternexpressroute.com/
An Adventure Cycling tour leader has made an express route for the eastern portion of the transamerica bicycle trail. It bypasses some tough climbs and spots with chase happy dogs. It starts in Washington D.C. instead of Yorktown, Virginia. It is not yet endorsed by Adventure Cycling. The maps are currently free, but are still being tested. So far, it looks like only east to west directions are available. The route was just finished being mapped in February 2017, so things could change as people test the route out and no services are guaranteed. The route uses some old railroad tracks that have been converted to trails, so wide tires are recommended.

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
Nice post! I'm planning my first bike tour from Ohio to Washington state. I'm thinking of just winging it and heading southwest until I can connect with the Transamerica Trail and then follow it west. Here's hoping to a June 2022 leave date!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads