Tools for UK travelers

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Now I can't confirm this myself but I was just browsing Reddit and came across a couple tips that may be handy to our members from the UK. Apparently most locked dumpsters can be opened with a triangle key like this. The same thread also mentioned that there's a key called a RADAR key that opens most public toilets. This can also be purchased easily online. If anyone has experience with these, please let us know! Otherwise, use this information at your own risk.

Last edited:
Current Location
Amsterdam
The radar key is a key giving access to disabled toilets which usually aren't locked in any other way other than the radar key itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

troublefunk

Rambler
Current Location
Chester, United Kingdom
I've read that you can buy British waterways key's online that will give you access to toilet's/shower's on the canal network....thing is review's i've read on the key's range from great to useless.Pay ya money n take yer chance it seem's...i would like one though.

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Gotz trainz on the brainz
I just got back to LA from the Bay - it was a very busy but happy trip. Went to Mt. Diablo, went to Berkeley and the City, even met up with @beyondthepaleogender! I did Craigslist rideshare both there and back, and both rides went fucking awesome :) Gonna post up for a bit and then I will (finally) begin hitchhiking east. Also - as of yesterday, I have been modding /r/Runaway for exactly a year now! :)
Been a while since I last posted on this thing.
Being stuck in PDX for the winter sucked n I’m looking to hit the road to NorCal in May.
Why would anyone wan to love like you?
Live by their rules or live by your own. . don't have kids
Today I am most grateful for water towers
Gonna be in Cheyenne for the first time today. If you’re in the area, stop by the crown bar and come rage!
I have a day/night to kill in the Bay Area if anyone is bored.
its friday. someone has your lunch money in their pocket... its time to get down!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
SFerTrappedinPDX