tightening carhartts? | Squat the Planet

tightening carhartts?

T

TripStench

everytime i get home my hartts are blown at the seems from tightening them, i use my girlfriends sewing machine and go over them heavily but i was wondering if anyone has had experience just hand sewing them smaller or something else?

any help would be appreciated

snor

Reaction score
well carhartts really aren't meant to be tightened, but it mainly depends on the stitch around the crotch and how muthafuckin' tight they are. just like any other pant, they'll keep on ripping open if it's huggin your cock too much. i usually just do large u-shaped stitch in the crotch and make sure it doesnt hug my thighs too much, works for me. or just get durable stretchy material ( old mans pant works good) to patch up with and the crotch wont blow out....thats all i got

Poking Victim

Reaction score
What a coincidence, I just did this.
I burned a large section out of one leg trying to dry them by the fire and just stitched it together tighter

edit; but I don't care if they're all fucked up; they already are

Post edited by: Poking Victim, at: 2007/08/27 06:26

T

TripStench

haha that sucks

i think i met you at rainbow gathering, i was tripping my ass off for 3 days and you needed help with cutting wood at granola funk and i couldnt even comprehend a saw or trees

i think i ended up getting swarmed with poison ivy at your dudes' camp and just had to bail?

not suire if it was youthough?

E

ericnobody

put them on inside out, safety pin them how you want them, stitch. thats it. make sure you double stitch and tighten it tho, or they'll bust.

J

jack ransom

ericnobody said:
put them on inside out, safety pin them how you want them, stitch. thats it. make sure you double stitch and tighten it tho, or they'll bust.

this guy is exactly right. I've tightened a few pairs of pants this way. make sure they're loose enough so you can actually move around though. i myself use a pen to mark a line for myself. to state the obvious: use waxed floss.

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
liquid stitch is your friend. If you don't want to spend the three bucks for it at JoAnns or other sewing/craft supply store they are small bottles and are easy to take. Turn yer pants inside out and then pin off the excess. Cut it off. I like to liquid stitch my pants along where I want the seam to be first and then sew them for real. After this I take the extra material and then liquid stitch that as one long patch over the entire length of the new leg seams on the inside of the pants. Then I sew it in place for real. This is all kind of time consuming but it lasts a really long time and is very durable. Using liquid stitch along with regular sewing is very useful for when the ass has fallen out of your carhartts and you need to patch it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads