Video - Thrift Shop (Rap Video) | Squat the Planet

Video Thrift Shop (Rap Video)

K

Kim Chee

So, I'm a housie and I love Thrift Stores. The one down the street is closing:( and is offering steep discounts:). Somebody else in the house noticed how thrilled I am about thrift store scores and shared this video with me. I get so jazzed about finding something nice for cheap. I'll even get in a thrift store's dumpster if I can.

Art101

Reaction score
I have dived the dumpsters of Thrift and yes they can be truly epic.Seriously though i did score a pair of jungle boots and have scored more then 1 field jacket.

Reactions: Kal

Art101

Reaction score
I have never actually watched that video.Damn it makes me miss Seattle and going to the Goodwill bins with my sister and her friends to watch the chaos and fights.I think I recognize most of those places.Sigh I wish I was home,I wish I was home,I wish I was home.Damn last time I buy ruby slippers at Goodwill.

K

Kim Chee

I have never actually watched that video.Damn it makes me miss Seattle and going to the Goodwill bins with my sister and her friends to watch the chaos and fights.I think I recognize most of those places.Sigh I wish I was home,I wish I was home,I wish I was home.Damn last time I buy ruby slippers at Goodwill.

I can't recall a Goodwill in the PNW that doesn't use a compactor or a rolloff with a locking lid.

I remember seeing a rolloff destined for the recycler at a Goodwill distribution center in Washington. A steel corner was peeled away, when I looked inside I saw small appliances all with their cords snipped off (but it was done by Badwill). Seems when they have too much on their shelves, they destroy and scrap the goods which were donated by well intending folk instead of dropping the price or donating the items.

Oh, fuck you Goodwill, I remember when you weren't so wasteful.

Instead of being part of the solution, you have become part of the problem.

On topic: thrift stores and the scores within are the best.

Here's to the stores which still let you volunteer in exchange for some clothes, a hat & gloves, sleeping bag or whatever.

(You mom and pops rock!)

Art101

Reaction score
Oohh man the bins are epic its basically a warehouse with sorting tables in big rows mounded with everything from clothes to toys to all kinds of crazy stuff.You have to get there like an hour before it opens to get in line .I still have a king size og Eddie Bauer down comforter I payed 2.00 for.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads