thoughts on philly? | Squat the Planet

thoughts on philly?

Primitive

Reaction score
So i should be outta san jose, ca and start traveling by early january. My plan is to travel all around and hit lots of festivals/shows til i find what i would consider the best spot to lay my head for a while, whether that be after 6 months or a year or two of traveling. Sick of austin, tx style punk scenes that seem fake and shows seem like nothing more than another "recreation activity" to the "scene" involved. Where clubs are considered safe and embraced by the city as another great way to attract tourists and rich hipsters. but i hear philly has the best scene in the us right now next to oakland, ive spent lots of time in pittsburgh but never philly. How is it out there? And how is flying signs? Or are there good towns outside the city close by that are good spange and relax on flying signs? Might make philly my ultimate destination, just a thought i had tonight that excites me so thought id ask about philly here. and of course how the cops are there towards the houseless, etc.

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
Philly is great. I'm not sure how it would be long term van bumming there though. It gets cold as fuck in the winter. Most of the surrounding towns used to be good fly spots but in recent years have gotten blown out by Philly kids hitting them up pretty frequently. Lots of crazy ass homebums around too. The cops have way more shit to worry about than some bum in a van though.

Lots of potential squats. Great punk scene. Good food. Wierd beer laws. Old school as fuck. Dirty as fuck. I love philly but Pittsburgh is better imo.

Good luck

• Useful
Reactions: Primitive

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads