The Watchtower

A

AlwaysLost

Disclaimer: I respect everyone's rights to believe in whatever they want to believe. I just wish they'd respect my right to eat a breakfast sandwich in peace.

Loneliness sunk in today. Not in a sad way just in a, man I'm bored and wish I had someone other than Shelobs children to talk to, sort of way.

So, I decided to go meet some of the townies.

First, I ran into most of the local PD. They were nice and down to earth. Rare for cops. They genuinely seemed interested in me as a person and not just an inevitable statistic.

So having built a rapport with local law enforcement I thought things were going well.

So I decided to hit the quick e mart for a sausage biscuit with egg. I sat down out front to eat my first real meal in 3 days and enjoy a beautiful fall day.

Then, it all went horribly wrong. A sweet - 70 year old - Jehovah Trollady walks up to me. I say troll because she had no actual business at the quickiemart. She purchased neither gas nor sundry.

When I saw her, I thought maybe I was getting a kickdown.

Then, I saw the manilla folder of soul-sucking-propaganda and i got a pretty good idea of what was coming next.

Still, I was grateful for the human interaction even if it was with someone who peddled religion door to door like Tupperware. I would later regret this sentiment.

So, she pulls out her manifesto and asks me if I read the bible.

I smile at the gentle old lady and tell her that I'm catholic and that she is wasting her breath. Usually this sends all but the most determined Jehovah's packing...

Not this sweet albeit batshit-crazy old lady. She proceeds to tell me she was born Catholic and how the nuns were mean to her.

'Boohoo for your awful childhood' I'm thought 'Try having a heroin addict for a father.' I'll take nuns hitting me with rulers and catholic schoolgirls in short skirts any day. Those are kinky fantasies by today's standards.

So then, as I watch my breakfast sandwiches getting colder by the minute, she starts in on the evils of the catholic church. They've got some big problems yes but they also do more charity work than most protestants IMO.

"Insulting someone's faith is not a good way to begin a sales negotiation." I tell her.

She's clueless. She asks me if she thought my preacher ever read the bible. I tell her that I don't go to church and that I don't believe in corporations shilling me religious pamphlets and tithing obligations. I thought for sure that would be enough for her to get the hint.

Nope.

But your Catholic? She replied.

How do you tell a small town cult member that you are the superstitious sort of backwoods Catholic who worships the black Madonna and makes crossroad deals?

So then she dropped the Jehovah's Witness Nuclear bomb on me.

Have you read the passage in John where the dark lord takes over the earth and it says the whole earth is being lied to?

I was now thoroughly defeated. I hung my head and looked sadly at my now soggy sandwiches. I thought for sure that she would now leave having completely crushing my soul.

But still, she continued. I picked up my cold sandwiches and walked away.

Living in the Devils time? What a crackpot. When was Gods time? From what I've seen: its been murder, rape and enslavement for as long as humans have walked the earth.

Gods time was the 5 minutes that a coupla nudists resided in Eden. From what I can tell, the world has belonged to the devil ever since.

How do you deal with these nutjobs without bitchsmacking them across their wingnut mouths?

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I used to have a jackass and his minion stand 4 foot from the bus shelter downtown with a microphone yelling out verses and how we were all damned etc while minion walked around handing out stuff. I simply held up the hand and said PAGAN. hehe - he moved away like I had a disease. That whole show was annoying.

Reactions: Art101 and Odin
A

AlwaysLost

I used to have a jackass and his minion stand 4 foot from the bus shelter downtown with a microphone yelling out verses and how we were all damned etc while minion walked around handing out stuff. I simply held up the hand and said PAGAN. hehe - he moved away like I had a disease. That whole show was annoying.

Lmao I will try that next time thanks Tude!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
man..having been raised jehovah's witness i can tell you - you will never win a debate with them or get them to think for themselves. maybe the younger ones who haven't been thoroughly brainwashed yet.......just flat out say you ARE NOT INTERESTED... if they persist, your best bet to getting them to leave right away is to start shouting 666 and how you are a devout devil worshiper lol

A

AlwaysLost

man..having been raised jehovah's witness i can tell you - you will never win a debate with them or get them to think for themselves. maybe the younger ones who haven't been thoroughly brainwashed yet.......just flat out say you ARE NOT INTERESTED... if they persist, your best bet to getting them to leave right away is to start shouting 666 and how you are a devout devil worshiper lol

Lol OK yeah she wasn't one for subtleties

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love those guys. Rarely they are cool, but if the ante I just bust out my bible and randomly open it up and go full soap box on them. Tho..

She ante to far off... The devil controls the earth and is in our house. (Mostly a trump thing, but also a jab at christians) Woman! This is why I don't participate in your world. I must still walk it, but I ante got to listen to you. Only side I gotta listen to is God and you ante him. Your judgements shall be noted and I now command you to get behind me!

It is funny how you can often easily defend yourself from their attacks with the bible. They talk a good game but as soon as you pull it on them they flee. Kinda makes me wonder what they are really trying to do?

A

AlwaysLost

I love those guys. Rarely they are cool, but if the ante I just bust out my bible and randomly open it up and go full soap box on them. Tho..

She ante to far off... The devil controls the earth and is in our house. (Mostly a trump thing, but also a jab at christians) Woman! This is why I donc't participate in your world. I must still walk it, but I ante got to listen to you. Only side I gotta listen to is God and you ante him. Your judgements shall be noted and I now command you to get behind me!

It is funny how you can often easily defend yourself from their attacks with the bible. They talk a good game but as soon as you pull it in them they flee. Kinda makes me wonder what they are really trying to do?

I just wanted to eat my sandwich lol. It took me 20 minutes to realize that short of me pulling a knife (didn't have one) she was never leaving.

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't need a boring old book to worship, I can feel God in my heart (or I'm schizo) lol
Bingo! They often spend to much time "worshipping" the bible a book written by men and edited by king james, a non Christian. They worship this book to a point of false idol. The bible is said to be "Basic, intruction, before, leaving, earth." Key word "Basic". The advanced lessons can only learned by putting it to work. I found traveling to be a great course in advanced training. Because when you have to rely on god and have faith he WILL provide... blessing are aplenty. For I was hungry and I got fed, for I needed shelter and I was housed. They can't understand that we street people are his people. If Jesus came down right now, those people would likely mock him and tell him to get a job.

A

AlwaysLost

Bingo! They often spend to much time "worshipping" the bible a book written by men and edited by king james, a non Christian. They worship this book to a point of false idol. The bible is said to be "Basic, intruction, before, leaving, earth." Key word "Basic". The advanced lessons can only learned by putting it to work. I found traveling to be a great course in advanced training. Because when you have to rely on god and have faith he WILL provide... blessing are aplenty. For I was hungry and I got fed, for I needed shelter and I was housed. They can't understand that we street people are his people. If Jesus came down right now, those people would likely mock him and tell him to get a job.

Lol yep they totally would

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Take a DEEP breath, lean in uncomfortably close to their face, look them directly in the eyes, open your eyes REALLY wide, and just scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" at the top of your lungs, making sure to drown out whatever they're saying.

If they don't leave before your first breath is out, take a second deep breath and repeat the process.

Repeat process as many times as is necessary.

I imagine most people will go away pretty quickly with that method.

A

AlwaysLost

Take a DEEP breath, lean in uncomfortably close to their face, look them directly in the eyes, open your eyes REALLY wide, and just scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!" at the top of your lungs, making sure to drown out whatever they're saying.

I imagine most people will go away pretty quickly with that method.

Lmao I'm dying. She was 70 years old Vike. Her heart would have stopped... I admit I would have been less tactful with a younger person.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
'Boohoo for your awful childhood' I'm thought 'Try having a heroin addict for a father.' I'll take nuns hitting me with rulers and catholic schoolgirls in short skirts any day. Those are kinky fantasies by today's standards.

Its usually the Padre' in the rectory punishing your ass... ::wacky::

I just don't need a boring old book to worship, I can feel God in my heart (or I'm schizo) lol

Odin is Schizo... So of course we would hear him together in my head brother.

Thank you for that... thanks OP for the thread.

There is some good of humanity here yo! ::drinkingbuddy::

PS: @AlmostAlwaysLost :p you ran into my memas' jehova twin sounds like...

I know it takes a lot of patience.::alien::

Reactions: nivoldoog
A

AlwaysLost

He he it wasn't so bad I got over it. She was a strange one lol.

A

AlwaysLost

Punished in the rectory lmao you all are killing me. Wrekt em? Damn near killed em.

Will Wood

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I respect everyone's rights to believe in whatever they want to believe. I just wish they'd respect my right to eat a breakfast sandwich in peace.

Loneliness sunk in today. Not in a sad way just in a, man I'm bored and wish I had someone other than Shelobs children to talk to, sort of way.

So, I decided to go meet some of the townies.

First, I ran into most of the local PD. They were nice and down to earth. Rare for cops. They genuinely seemed interested in me as a person and not just an inevitable statistic.

So having built a rapport with local law enforcement I thought things were going well.

So I decided to hit the quick e mart for a sausage biscuit with egg. I sat down out front to eat my first real meal in 3 days and enjoy a beautiful fall day.

Then, it all went horribly wrong. A sweet - 70 year old - Jehovah Trollady walks up to me. I say troll because she had no actual business at the quickiemart. She purchased neither gas nor sundry.

When I saw her, I thought maybe I was getting a kickdown.

Then, I saw the manilla folder of soul-sucking-propaganda and i got a pretty good idea of what was coming next.

Still, I was grateful for the human interaction even if it was with someone who peddled religion door to door like Tupperware. I would later regret this sentiment.

So, she pulls out her manifesto and asks me if I read the bible.

I smile at the gentle old lady and tell her that I'm catholic and that she is wasting her breath. Usually this sends all but the most determined Jehovah's packing...

Not this sweet albeit batshit-crazy old lady. She proceeds to tell me she was born Catholic and how the nuns were mean to her.

So then, as I watch my breakfast sandwiches getting colder by the minute, she starts in on the evils of the catholic church. They've got some big problems yes but they also do more charity work than most protestants IMO.

"Insulting someone's faith is not a good way to begin a sales negotiation." I tell her.

She's clueless. She asks me if she thought my preacher ever read the bible. I tell her that I don't go to church and that I don't believe in corporations shilling me religious pamphlets and tithing obligations. I thought for sure that would be enough for her to get the hint.

Nope.

But your Catholic? She replied.

How do you tell a small town cult member that you are the superstitious sort of backwoods Catholic who worships the black Madonna and makes crossroad deals?

So then she dropped the Jehovah's Witness Nuclear bomb on me.

Have you read the passage in John where the dark lord takes over the earth and it says the whole earth is being lied to?

I was now thoroughly defeated. I hung my head and looked sadly at my now soggy sandwiches. I thought for sure that she would now leave having completely crushing my soul.

But still, she continued. I picked up my cold sandwiches and walked away.

Living in the Devils time? What a crackpot. When was Gods time? From what I've seen: its been murder, rape and enslavement for as long as humans have walked the earth.

Gods time was the 5 minutes that a coupla nudists resided in Eden. From what I can tell, the world has belonged to the devil ever since.

How do you deal with these nutjobs without bitchsmacking them across their wingnut mouths?
I use this: I ask, can you compare the 4 gospels and tell me what the last thing Jesus said on the cross before he died?? Of the 4 gospels, the bible has him saying 3 different things before he dies. So, which one is right??

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
When a johova tries to convert a pastor... hilarious. He touches on a point I was trying to make. It is a personal relationship God seeks with us.

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
I use this: I ask, can you compare the 4 gospels and tell me what the last thing Jesus said on the cross before he died?? Of the 4 gospels, the bible has him saying 3 different things before he dies. So, which one is right??

Interesting... I am looking into this one right meow.

A

AlwaysLost

When a johova tries to convert a pastor... hilarious. He touches on a point I was trying to make. It is a personal relationship God seeks with us.

Epic video. I realized now that I screwed up the whole negotiation. I should have told her that I'd love to listen to her over breakfast if shed go buy me a diet Pepsi and a couple more breakfast sandwiches. Maybe a little whisky and cigs for after.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads