News & Blogs The Tiny House Powered Only By Wind and Sun

shabti

Reaction score
I ran across this article on the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/05/the-pre-made-solar-powered-tiny-house/394112/

It's about these tiny houses that have wind turbines, collect rain water, and are solar powered. Pre-fab too.

I know there are a lot of these, like the firefly. These pre-made, quasi-campers. This one seems different in that it's designed to be completely reliant on the surrounding elements. They havent' announced the price, but they will at the end of 2015 (getting close.) As a defense mechanism, I automatically assume it will be too much.

Here's the website.

http://www.ecocapsule.sk/

I wonder how to do the rainwater collection thing on a camper?

Reactions: dprogram and Kal

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Those are some sleek looking ecocapsules.

I'm gonna post up the pics.

zzz.jpeg
zczxzxx.jpg
xxxx.jpg
xzxzcaxa.jpg

Reactions: Kal

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
When I get my mother's property, I plan to live 100% electricity free and live off natural light during the day and candle and oil lamp light at night.

Collected rainwater is how I bathe, do dishes and water my garden.

I grew up mostly that way, so I'm just doing what I already know, but unlike others I knew growing up, I still like living like that.

Reactions: Kal and shabti

Kal

Reaction score
When I get my mother's property, I plan to live 100% electricity free and live off natural light during the day and candle and oil lamp light at night.

Collected rainwater is how I bathe, do dishes and water my garden.

I grew up mostly that way, so I'm just doing what I already know, but unlike others I knew growing up, I still like living like that.
Cool

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads