The StP Bandanas are finally a reality! (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
I am very excited to announce that the StP bandanas have been printed and are now in my possession, ready to sell to the masses. After a long and exhaustive search (and a very kind loan from my gf) I was able to find a printer capable of screen printing the design the way it was intended and pay for an initial run of 50 bandanas.

Behold! Here's a picture I took yesterday of what the finished product looks like:

il_570xn-1288460775_8uoj-jpg.38072_The StP Bandanas are finally a reality!_Website Announcements_Squat the Planet_6:03 PM

There are more pictures on the StP Etsy page:

http://bit.ly/stpbandana

Use the link above if you would like to order one. I am accepting international orders as well as domestic in the USA. You'll have to use the shipping calculator in the shopping cart on Etsy to see how much shipping will cost to your country.

The design of this bandana was a collaborative effort of the community. After many months of input, this is the final design that was decided upon and I feel it represents many (if not all) aspects of the underground traveler culture through the various imagery included in the design. You can view the original collaboration thread here:

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/the-stp-bandana-project.20234/

There's something for every traveler in this bandana, from the road and railroad tracks that make up the border, to the LGBTQ compass/globe that represents our philosophy that no one should be excluded from the traveler culture. Various hobo symbols are a tribute to the world of train hopping, while images of a guitar and violin represent the musical side of the community. There's even throwbacks to various pirates of days past, bike punk culture, and modern day anarchist activism. In all, there's a ton of imagery here in this custom-designed bandana that is completely unique.

All this is printed on black fabric with white ink to make a bandana that spans 22" (inches) square. The black area between the design and the fabric's edge is one inch. It will be shipped via USPS ground in a plain manila envelope to protect it during shipping.

The cost is $15 per bandana. I know that's a little high for some, but the price breakdown comes out to $6 for each bandana (fabric, ink, printing, shipping); giving paypal and etsy their cut (around $2 per transaction) and finally shipping and materials (about a dollar per bandana). After other miscellaneous costs (gas for trips to the post office, etc) this leaves me with only around $5 profit for all my work, so hopefully you understand that I'm trying to make it as cheap as I can afford!

A huge thanks to everyone that gave their input on this design and @ellilis for the initial template. If you have any questions, please make a post in this thread and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Current Location
New Orleans
Ahhhh, my PayPal is empty! If I order one can you just hang on to it for me until I see you next? Kind of don't have an address right now.

Geraldo

The Saltiest Mod
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
Hey Matt, seemingly strange but important question: Do you send these through FedEx or through UPS (Normal mail)?

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Just to let folks know, there's only 4 bandanas left! This has gone incredibly well, thank you all for your support. I've decided to re-invest the money made from this batch into getting another set of 72 bandanas printed! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I receive them but I'll make an announcement when they're back in stock.

as for the stickers, I still have a little over 600 so those should be available for quite a while :)

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
Just to let folks know, there's only 4 bandanas left!
Damn, I guess I've missed the first run, because I have no doubt that by the time I'm typing this, they'll ALL be spoken for.

... I've decided to re-invest the money made from this batch into getting another set of 72 bandanas printed! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I receive them but I'll make an announcement when they're back in stock.
I might have to send you a westie or somethin' because I WANT ONE OF THOSE BANDANNAS, and I'm not savvy with the PayPal.

... as for the stickers, I still have a little over 600 so those should be available for quite a while
I also wanna grab a bunch of those stickers from ya, whenever I can. I need one for my new van!

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
just a reminder to anyone watching this thread, I've restocked the bandanas so we have another 50 or so in stock. also, i will be giving away some at the jambo for those that show up...

ntdxc1878

Current Location
Atlanta, GA
just a reminder to anyone watching this thread, I've restocked the bandanas so we have another 50 or so in stock. also, i will be giving away some at the jambo for those that show up...
Damn...maybe i should have read this before I ordered one just now... I'm planning on going if all goes smoothly :D Oh well, always glad to support you and stp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In the Pcola headed east to Jax then juicing to Salem for halloween
NEW BIBS FUCK YEAH!!
Actually sunny and warm! Tank of gas so I'm motorvating ! I'm on the last Vespa ride to nowhere ville and I'm not telling mum and dad when I'm coming home! You see im a loner, a rebel, call me wheels and I'll call you doll baby!
Remember people: nobody can hate you as much as yourself. Which in turn means you can conquer the world.
Made it to Pensacola anyone about?
AAAutin wrote on roughdraft's profile.
Is this new profile pic a prelude to potential political aspirations? I can see the signs now: Vote American; Vote Red, White, and STU!
The pnw is almost as bad as i remembered, maybe a little better this time, but still bad.
Nice try, Sheriff, but your gonna have to get up earlier in the morning if you want to catch this idiot(with two arms). Got myself perma banned from the home bum shelter. Called them out for giving donations intended for folks in need to their employees.
Hospital visits always help fix one problem and start more. Fuck yo.
Rhubarb Dwyer wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
Bazinga!!!

Staff online