The StP Bandanas are finally a reality! (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I am very excited to announce that the StP bandanas have been printed and are now in my possession, ready to sell to the masses. After a long and exhaustive search (and a very kind loan from my gf) I was able to find a printer capable of screen printing the design the way it was intended and pay for an initial run of 50 bandanas.

Behold! Here's a picture I took yesterday of what the finished product looks like:

il_570xn-1288460775_8uoj-jpg.38072

There are more pictures on the StP Etsy page:

http://bit.ly/stpbandana

Use the link above if you would like to order one. I am accepting international orders as well as domestic in the USA. You'll have to use the shipping calculator in the shopping cart on Etsy to see how much shipping will cost to your country.

The design of this bandana was a collaborative effort of the community. After many months of input, this is the final design that was decided upon and I feel it represents many (if not all) aspects of the underground traveler culture through the various imagery included in the design. You can view the original collaboration thread here:

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/the-stp-bandana-project.20234/

There's something for every traveler in this bandana, from the road and railroad tracks that make up the border, to the LGBTQ compass/globe that represents our philosophy that no one should be excluded from the traveler culture. Various hobo symbols are a tribute to the world of train hopping, while images of a guitar and violin represent the musical side of the community. There's even throwbacks to various pirates of days past, bike punk culture, and modern day anarchist activism. In all, there's a ton of imagery here in this custom-designed bandana that is completely unique.

All this is printed on black fabric with white ink to make a bandana that spans 22" (inches) square. The black area between the design and the fabric's edge is one inch. It will be shipped via USPS ground in a plain manila envelope to protect it during shipping.

The cost is $15 per bandana. I know that's a little high for some, but the price breakdown comes out to $6 for each bandana (fabric, ink, printing, shipping); giving paypal and etsy their cut (around $2 per transaction) and finally shipping and materials (about a dollar per bandana). After other miscellaneous costs (gas for trips to the post office, etc) this leaves me with only around $5 profit for all my work, so hopefully you understand that I'm trying to make it as cheap as I can afford!

A huge thanks to everyone that gave their input on this design and @ellilis for the initial template. If you have any questions, please make a post in this thread and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

EphemeralStick

The Sass Master Deluxe
Ahhhh, my PayPal is empty! If I order one can you just hang on to it for me until I see you next? Kind of don't have an address right now.

D

Deleted member 16034

I deleted myself
Hey Matt, seemingly strange but important question: Do you send these through FedEx or through UPS (Normal mail)?

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Just to let folks know, there's only 4 bandanas left! This has gone incredibly well, thank you all for your support. I've decided to re-invest the money made from this batch into getting another set of 72 bandanas printed! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I receive them but I'll make an announcement when they're back in stock.

as for the stickers, I still have a little over 600 so those should be available for quite a while :)

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Website
www.youtube.com
Just to let folks know, there's only 4 bandanas left!
Damn, I guess I've missed the first run, because I have no doubt that by the time I'm typing this, they'll ALL be spoken for.

... I've decided to re-invest the money made from this batch into getting another set of 72 bandanas printed! It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I receive them but I'll make an announcement when they're back in stock.
I might have to send you a westie or somethin' because I WANT ONE OF THOSE BANDANNAS, and I'm not savvy with the PayPal.

... as for the stickers, I still have a little over 600 so those should be available for quite a while
I also wanna grab a bunch of those stickers from ya, whenever I can. I need one for my new van!

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
just a reminder to anyone watching this thread, I've restocked the bandanas so we have another 50 or so in stock. also, i will be giving away some at the jambo for those that show up...

ntdxc1878

just a reminder to anyone watching this thread, I've restocked the bandanas so we have another 50 or so in stock. also, i will be giving away some at the jambo for those that show up...
Damn...maybe i should have read this before I ordered one just now... I'm planning on going if all goes smoothly :D Oh well, always glad to support you and stp!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Matt Derrick Announcement The StP bandanas are back in stock (again)! Website Announcements 4
Matt Derrick I'm having a sale on StP Bandanas and the AGT book! Website Announcements 8
Matt Derrick The StP Bandanas are in stock once again! Website Announcements 0
Matt Derrick Last chance to get StP bandanas! Only 8 left! Website Announcements 6
Matt Derrick StP Bandanas on sale (for the holidays)! Website Announcements 0
GirvRidesRailz New to STP but here to stay! Introductions 1
spockily Once again I'm finding myself back on stp Introductions 1
Matt Derrick Suggestion Project Proposal: StP 'City Guides' Suggestion Box 12
Daisy STP member needs your help in flint Michigan creating punk house StP Projects 0
Supernaut Back on STP after 9 years Introductions 18
SlankyLanky Banned feralautistic banned for being the joker to stp's bruce wayne Den of the Banned 15
crimestinc Returning to STP, and I'm fixin to be more active this time around Introductions 2
Attaboy Newbie👋👋👋👋👋stp Introductions 3
bowtie1312 New to StP currently rubber tramping. Riding freight when the snow goes away. Introductions 5
Matt Derrick Announcement The StP discord chat server is going semi-private Website Announcements 4
Matt Derrick Announcement New StP sticker design now available on Etsy! Website Announcements 5
Matt Derrick Discussion Perhaps an StP Dungeons & Dragons group? StP Projects 24
Coywolf Resolved StP and spell check, me or StP? Suggestion Box 4
Matt Derrick Seeking Help Where should StP go from here? Suggestion Box 23
Fevs My Introduction to STP Introductions 3
brando Me lurk you long time STP Introductions 8
Nyakua Hello STP NY soon to be trainhopper entering the community Introductions 8
Billy Cougar White Any STPers in St Johns Newfoundland who want to rent a cheap place together? The In-Between 0
Cornelius Vango Cornelius Vango disassociating myself from stp Untrustworthy and Shady People 109
madmcneal Hello STP! I'm Madison and I'm on my way to Thailand. Introductions 4
4dubz What up STP!!! Just another introduction... Introductions 8
Gulysses3 Small world, made smaller by stp. Train Hopping 11
Dave the duke Rejected stp should have an app? Suggestion Box 3
Rx138 New to Stp anybody in slc? Introductions 6
Eng JR Lupo RV323 Featured We out here on the STP senior tour! Keddie > KFalls > Dunsmuir > Roseville Travel Stories 24
Matt Derrick Seeking Help StP is seeking a library curator StP Projects 15
Hylyx Finally coming back to StP, this time with a War Box! Van Dwelling / Rubber Tramping 5
coyote mogollon hay STP ramblers. Just wanten to shout out n say hola n invite ya to new blog, squatsteader, on tumblr. Introductions 1
OuttaTownWeGo New introduction to STP for my future trips an such Introductions 6
WildChild St Augustine anti-homeless group harasses StP community Nomadic Culture 174
rzbob Hello STP! Hope to find people for a new Adventure! Introductions 3
Matt Derrick Discussion StP Social Center project StP Projects 42
PrinceBodi Newbie at work. Stp much love Introductions 2
All Who Wander Is STP ready for a huge party? Soon you'll be paid cash to do nothing. Money, Work & Food 24
MolotovMocktail Featured A reflection on five years on StP Nomadic Culture 6
MeterOYE Hello everyone! Back on stp. Rubbertramping Introductions 0
Theslabstankgirl Photos Stp sticker slapped thread General Banter 6
Matt Derrick Cancelled The StP Location Atlas StP Projects 15
Pdog Hello STP pdog here! Looking to make new friends Introductions 2
D Moderators in stp discord chat General Banter 8
MadAndy Tables turned... this week Latitude Adjustment Podcast interviews StP founder Matt Derrick! Travel Stories 0
O Rejected Editing/removing your content from StP Suggestion Box 21
DuHastMich What do STPers do in winter months? The In-Between 29
Kaotic What's up StP, Just my lil introduction. Introductions 9
S Posting for the older guys on StP-- remember the forced STD tests in Chicago jails?? Staying Healthy 2