The snugpak jungle blanket | Squat the Planet

The snugpak jungle blanket

D

Deleted member 31164

A while back I made a hitch to Nicaragua to visit my pimpalicious surfing buddy. I traveled light taking a tingguian tribe hammock ( From the Philippines). my patched up old army poncho, and a Snugpak Jungle Blanket.

I had done a bit of research on a blanket for the tropics and saw the Snugpak and decided to give it a try. all of the online "experts" were touting its ability to fit into a sack the size of a 1qt nalgene bottle....ok cool. Anyway, I bought one on evilbay, stuffed it into my travel bag and hit the road.

I found it to be too short, too thin and had very little insulating value what so ever. If you were using it with a sleeping bag etc. it would make a decent addition to your sleep system. But as it stands alone - nope. It also didn't have any baffels quilted into it for body heat retention.

In the long run I should have just taken an old poncho liner with me on this trek.

index.jpg
71qla5IvjKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
16142546_10212061300358746_1441519196997321835_n.jpg
16113887_10212052151570032_3906916683682659685_n.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It looks like you posted this in the road dogs section, I'm guessing you meant to post it under travel gear. I've moved your thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

Ceannairc

Reaction score
That's interesting about the jungle blanket. I'd highly recommend the snugpak speical forces sleeping bags and the bivy bag that goes along with them. Very expensive new but I got mine used on ebay for about half price and have used them a lot over the last five years. The SF1 is a great summer bag and packs down very small. The SF2 does me most of the winter in the UK and you can put them together if it's really cold. The bivy packs down tiny too. For the size and weight I think they're about as good as you can get.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads