the itch to get on the road after a cold winter

mark121268

Reaction score
hello to all , well the time is coming soon where as I want to get back on the road again after a cold winter , I have did most of my traveling with a back pac and a thumb stretched out and am now looking to travel Canada in a different way , I am very interested in riding the rails , I know people in most provinces across Canada and stop by and visit for a few says and then hit the road again to the next province until I can not go any father and then turn around and do it all over again , I love adventure and the unknown , I would like to hit the trans Canada trail even tho it is not complete , but when it ends just hit the road till it starts again , would like to take a mountain bike and travel the trail and stop off in town to pick up a few things and then back to the trail , I make it a spring summer and some what of the fall trip , would like to meet some people in the area that I am in to maybe talk about the rail trip , well all the best to you all and happy traveling

Reactions: TayNZ

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a plan. I'd defenitely reccomend finding a mentor to help you safely and successfully ride the rails. Good luck and Safe Travels.

mark121268

Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you've got a plan. I'd defenitely reccomend finding a mentor to help you safely and successfully ride the rails. Good luck and Safe Travels.
thank you for your reply , would you happen to know any one in my area that I could contact as a mentor or where I could post on here to ask , sorry new to the site and not sure is all .

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Your best bet is to post your rough location and intentions in the Road Dog section of the forum (a road dog is a vagabond term for Travel Buddy). There's definitely some experienced Canadian Freight Hoppers here but I can't remember any names off the top of my head. https://squattheplanet.com/road-dogs/

EDIT:
Just noticed this post on the r/vagabond subreddit which could also be worth watching for any info.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads