The Importance of Geography in this Lifestyle. | Squat the Planet

The Importance of Geography in this Lifestyle.

F

Fanatical Steward

I recognize the presence of threads about railroad geography, the regional geography section, and other areas. This led me to consider the importance of geography in this lifestyle. The subject geography, however, covers many areas and disciplines that include cultural geography, physical geography, and environmental geography to name a few. What areas of geographical knowledge and skills do you employ the most during your travels? How much emphasis do you place on reinforcement of these skills or knowledge foundations?

Last edited:

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Who here understands katabatic air behavior and processes to avoid such 'k-pockets'?...That is why topography is the ultimate and most refined area of study we as a community should understand. Topography can mean the difference between a safe, secure, and comfortable existence free of the endemic noise, filth, hassles, cops, etc., of civilization...and a horrible night where we suffer from all those blights.

F

Fanatical Steward

A katabatic wind event involves the movement of air from areas of higher elevation and pressure into areas of lower pressure and elevations.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads