Event The Humyn Experience - This Weekend 4/16-4/17 at UCSC

Reaction score
Website
www.organsinmain.tumblr.com
Dear All,

Hope everyone's spring is going splendidly! (mine isn't so much, but I haven't lost hope, solidarity with everyone who's also struggling with life one way or another) Anywho, this is kind of late notice, but my rad friends at UCSC are hosting this really awesome and interesting weekend-long festival event called 'The Humyn Experience' that's happening at their beautiful redwood forest lined campus. The event is hosted by the 'Brain Mind and Consciousness Society' and various university student groups. Suggested donation $5-$20, but no one will be pushed away for lack of funds and everyone is invited, students, community, and travelers (Santa Cruz seems to be a traveler epicenter, though the city proper doesn't seem so wild about vagabond culture, seems to just want to appropriate the image, but that's another story...) Back to this awesome event! There will be art, music, foods, radical workshops, skill-shares, talks and speakers on new ways of thinking about consciousness and our relationship to our own minds, with each other, and the universe, will be lots of unique artists offering free art improvement skills, and tons of other really interesting exhibits, discussions, and events. Gonna list the itinerary below. While you're on the UCSC campus, be sure to check out their student trailer park on the northwest side of campus, it's the only one of its kind in the entire USA, a trailer park run by students at a major university. Also, various art/ecological co-ops on campus are cool spaces to check out. The city of Santa Cruz has some cool radical infoshops to check out as well if you'd like. Anyone interested in checking out a nude beach that's not all just old people? there's a nude beach in Santa Cruz you can check out, just ask around the students, locals etc. I deeply deeply apologize for posting this event this late. One of my friends there told me about it last week and I completely forgot about until I was reminded about it today (work can do that to you, work is shit). Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time, but anyone who is around the SF bay area should definitely check it out if you can! Stay interesting my friends!

With peace and solidarity,
John :D

GENERAL ITINERARY:

Inspired by festivals like Lightning in a Bottle and Symbiosis, the BMC invites you to to celebrate the diversity and wonders of the humyn experience. Join us for a riveting series of speakers, workshops, music, art, performances, and activities that examine the intricate structures of mind and give rise to profound mental, emotional, and sensational realities.

SPEAKERS
>Civilization Emerging: Meaning, Self Organization, and Impending Nonlinear Phase Shift in Humyn Evolution
by Daniel Schmachtenberger
>Empathy and the Challenge of Neurodiversity
by Professor Janette Dinishak
>Humor as a Socially Distributed Cognitive System
by Patrawat Samermit
>Cartogrophies of the Soul
by Nickolas Knightley
> Structuring Neural Computers
by Michael Saccone
>Gene Mapping, Scientific Realism, and Imagination
by Amy Coffin

WORKSHOPS
-Experiential Body Movement
-Queering the Humyn Experience
-Kingian Nonviolence: Values Toward Beloved Community
-Improv: More than a Laugh
-Relationships in Neural Plasticity and Psychedelic Pharmacology
-Ethics of Eating Animals
-Mind and Body: Laughing Your Stress Away
-Mind and Body: Hope with Nonattachment
-Bee Keeping
-Yoga and Mindfulness for Emotional and Mental Healing
-Alchemical Yoga
-Nature's Design: A Blueprint for a Sustainable World
-Contact Dance: Connected to Play
-Sound Playground
-Imagination Exploration
-Freestyle Rap: Intro to Conscious Flow
-Nature through Nurture: An Exploration of Neuroplasticity
-Catalyst, Ritual, and Personal Transformation
-Loving the Earth and Loving Ouselves
-Neurohacking: Upgrading the Hardware Consciousness runs on
-Keep Calm and Go Communist Camping: Practicing Alternatives to Capitalism
-Science and Synchronicity in Your Life
-Manifesting and Embodying Compassion
- Magic, Illusion, and Mysteries of Experience
-How Astrology Can Help Us Better Understand the Universe
- Meditation

MUSIC
Eliquate
Boostive
Wicked Man
vzl
Dat Knox
Tektite
Artaius
Andy Androyd
Dissolv

ACTIVITIES
Mindfulness Maze
Confession Booth
Touching Exhibit
Body Painting
Olfactory Factory
Game Creation
Taste Test
Empathy Exercise
Virtual Reality Room

PERFORMANCES
Gamelan
Magic Show
Dance
Live Painting
Comedy
Consent Skits
Acappella
Poetry
Puppet Show
Flow Spinners

$5-20 Sliding Scale for full weekend
*No one turned away for lack of funds*

SCHEDULING AND MORE INFO TO COME
April 16April 17
Apr 16 at 11:30 AM to Apr 17 at 10 PM
Porter/Kresge College UCSC
301 Heller Dr, Santa Cruz, California 95064

@creature @NatashaVelvet @eske silver @xeperu @Caro @FlyingTomato @adventureangela @Freerange Butters @Kal @Matt Derrick @Walter (Walter whom I met at the Jambo last year - guessing this is how you spell your name, I'm not sure if you're on here, but I remember that deep talk about consciousness and psychology we had in the desert, thought of you when I was writing about this event, hope you're doing ok man)

K

Kim Chee

Awesome that there is a student trailer park.

As this country becomes more and more populated, we must figure out ways to utilize the vanishing spaces, reconsider zoning, ordinances and in general WAKE UP to the smell of coffee.

Hi time for affordable housing!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I would love to check something like this out. I hope if anyone has attended they could post a paragraph or something about the experience.

Reactions: Kal and Tude

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
What a very cool event - hope all went well and yeah - as @Odin suggested - would love to see some pics/paragraph on how this progressed. :)

Reactions: Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads