Library The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Matt Derrick submitted a new file to the StP library:

The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures - For those who want to explore polyamory in ways that are ethically and emotionally sustainable.

For anyone who has ever dreamed of love, sex, and companionship beyond the limits of traditional monogamy, this groundbreaking guide navigates the infinite possibilities that open relationships can offer. Experienced ethical sluts Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy dispel myths and cover all the skills necessary to maintain a successful and responsible polyamorous lifestyle--from self-reflection and honest communication to practicing safe sex and...
Click here for more information on this file.

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Awesome! I really think that the human race is moving beyond archaic notions of marriage and monogamy and towards polyamory as part of it's natural evolution.

Phoenix

This is a really good book. I've been openly practicing polyamory for a bit over a year now, but have known about it and personally identified as such for several. The Ethical Slut and Opening Up are both pretty good in my opinion. I've also heard of another one, More Than Two, which I've also heard is pretty swell, but I haven't gotten around to reading it quite yet.

salxtina

Vagabond
Gonna leave this here too, a good answer in the conversation I think:

The Ethical Prude [click to read more]
"Introduction
“A slut is a person of any gender who has the courage to lead life according to the radical proposition that sex is nice and pleasure is good for you,” write Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy in The Ethical Slut: A guide to infinite sexual possibilities.

In doing so, they create space for every sexual possibility except for one: the possibility to consider whether sex may not be nice. Some might suggest this space exists, already populated by woman-haters, given the shame, hatred and violence on offer for women who dare to have sex on their own terms. But these moralistic right-wing views don’t hold that sex is not nice – they hold that women who have sex (and others who are seen to be treated as women in sex) are not nice.

As such it is both progressive and radical to say that sex is not shameful for women, and that a woman should not be punished for her sexual choices; radical, because shaming and punishment are both commonplace.

But in the present day it is not radical to say that “sex is nice”. If anything, it’s tautological. Sex, for all practical purposes, is defined much of the time as only “that which is nice” – in many feminist discourses, if it is not nice, it is not sex. We will describe sex-negativity as a worldview or mode of analysis, not a belief system or a system of morals."

Fuzzypeach

Rambler
I have this book. Good one. I also am a self-proclaimed slut. I love men. I fall in love easily. I have lots of love in my heart so poly is definitely the lifestyle for me. I also have a voracious sexual appetite. There is plenty of me to go around. I was always shamed for this as a woman. When my husband transitioned into a woman, I had to deal with things I never thought of. Thank goodness we were always poly so the issue of what I am to do is already solved. However his/her transition caused me to learn about gender fluidity. I have realized I have a more than average amount of androgyns in my system for a woman. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS, but I sure have a lot of the symptoms of it. I have been told that I make love like a man by several lovers. (Not that they complained.) That would explain my career in a male dominated field (aviation). Flight Attendant was not for me, I aspired to drive the bus. Got close (flight engineer) until that position was replaced by a computer. However, I have retired early for medical reasons. I still have the travel bug and love this group because I am tired of Babylon and their stifling rules. I am old enough to remember the free late 1960's and early 1970's. Back then, the state of the world today was unimaginable. WWII and the Nazis were a fresh memory. The futility of Vietnam was obvious. Now, both those things are barely acknowledged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Normandie