The Decline of Western Civilization Part III

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
MOVIE TIME!!!

So for those of you unfamiliar with the decline series this is the third installment all of which are based in Los Angeles. This particular one is about the squatter punk scene there during the 90's. The original was basically about the start up of punk music in LA and featured bands such as The Germs, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, and a lot of others. The second about the metal scene in the 80s. Since this one seemed more relavant to the site I thought I'd post it. Its also one of my favorites. You might be able to hunt down the others but I found this one today. Sorry for the subtitles Penelope Spheeris actually had this posted herself for free awhile back and when I went to post it here she had put it up as a purchase able video. She's the maker of all the decline movies and suburbia. Also did work on Waynes World. Luckily for me I got a VHS copy through a free mail in order when I was in high school and have loved this movie ever since.

tony longshanks

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I actually want to see them now. At the Long Haul, this fall?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
we should totally play this at the StP jamboree, i've actually never seen it, though i know some of the folks in it.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

tony longshanks

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
StP jamboree? I like the sound of that.

I read that some of the LA punks were wary of Spheeris at first, though. "She was an outsider to the scene." I wanna see 'em, though.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
StP jamboree? I like the sound of that.

I read that some of the LA punks were wary of Spheeris at first, though. "She was an outsider to the scene." I wanna see 'em, though.

Yea it kinda seems like a lot of them are bullshitting her when they tell their stories. Its still an interesting look into the scene tho. and they seem to develop a bond with her over time.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads