The Art of Sewing

wartomods

Reaction score
Damn recently just found an interest in sewing , I cant do it amazingly, but it is so nice to have a needle and being able to fix stuff and apply patches... My technique sewing patches on is pretty faulty, but ohh well

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
eh, whatever works. sewing is a good idea though. makes clothes last 5x longer. use dental floss to sew and it lasts even longer than that.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I use dental floss too. I just find that when I'm on the road and I sew It's relaxing I guess it's just the repetition of it and the satisfacton when I'm done and it looks decent.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha i feel that. i have to alter almost everything i wear because i have a big waste but department stores figure, big waste= huge ass and thighs. I'M NOT BLACK. i have no ass. so i have to fix most of the shit.

Dameon

Reaction score
Just learned to sew recently myself, and I'm getting pretty into it. Great way to kill time while waiting for a train or just waiting in general, and I'm looking into learning to make hats so I can sell them later on as an alternate way to make money.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I've been making pouches from the webbing of dumpstered backpacks with upholstery thread, it's pretty easy and the results are bombproof, since you're just dealing with rectangular parts.

Dameon

Reaction score
Well, I'm planning to learn to make hats like the one I'm always wearing, and I think I can figure out how more or less by just looking at how mine's made. I'm just waiting until I come on some more material to experiment with.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads