Texas Trainhopping in Waco, I’m 15 and need tips. (2 Viewers)

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Tadeo

Wayfarer
call me crazy but asking questions with obvious answers followed by a 'haha' is hard to not interpret as sarcasm.
Dude I’m honestly not being sarcastic I don’t know how to prove that to you. I’m just wondering because the train was going slow and I had to jump and it sped up and I had to jump onto it’s just a question man!

Tadeo

Wayfarer
You did everything right, your story is fuckin' great man.
Hey I appreciate that a lot. I have a question are you Mike Brodie a guy on reddit said to contact you about this stuff. That’s like the only reason I got on here. Also I can delete your name if you like sorry I just need to know if it’s you or not.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
The whole "had to" thing here...you never "have to" do anything in train riding. I've chosen to get on and off moving trains in order to not be pulled deep in a yard, or caught by a bull, but it's a choice and you never HAVE to put your life in anymore risk than you already are by being around giant rolling steel things that could chop you to bits without even feeling a bump.

You can choose to get super cut up by barbed wire but you don't have to, you can hide and look for a hole in the fence, or try to ask for mercy and for the way out of a yard once a worker finds you.

You can choose to ride suicide, you never have to. You can wait for the next night or the next train or the next opportunity to ride safe.

You know what slack action is? That could have knocked you off the ladder you were sitting on.

I dunno dude, you're seriously asking to get seriously injured so we're just looking out for you after you asked for advice...

When I was a kid, like 12, I thought blood was cool and I used to cut myself with some nail clippers or whatever I had and I told my friends on an online forum and they were all like, "whoa, that's pretty fucked up, you shouldn't do that, are you OK?"

This kind of reminds me of that scenario.

Also - I'm a girl.

Tadeo

Wayfarer
The whole "had to" thing here...you never "have to" do anything in train riding. I've chosen to get on and off moving trains in order to not be pulled deep in a yard, or caught by a bull, but it's a choice and you never HAVE to put your life in anymore risk than you already are by being around giant rolling steel things that could chop you to bits without even feeling a bump.

You can choose to get super cut up by barbed wire but you don't have to, you can hide and look for a hole in the fence, or try to ask for mercy and for the way out of a yard once a worker finds you.

You can choose to ride suicide, you never have to.

I dunno dude, you're seriously asking to get seriously injured so we're just looking out for you after you asked for advice...

When I was a kid, like 12, I thought blood was cool and I used to cut myself with some nail clippers or whatever I had and I told my friends on an online forum and they were all like, "whoa, that's pretty fucked up, you shouldn't do that, are you OK?"

This kind of reminds me of that scenario.

Also - I'm a girl.
Ouch bro I mean I don’t think I’m cool exactly for doing this stuff I don’t even tell my friends I do this stuff I just came in here looking for one person. But I really appreciate this stuff now and of course o looked for a hole in the fence there was none and I definitely didn’t plan on getting caught so I won’t say I had to but I was very motivated to for all sorts of reasons and the suicide thing I didn’t have to I would’ve missed the train which I really didn’t want but I wanted the thrill. I’m a levelheaded guy but ever since I started climbing cell towers and riding it just brings me back to the thrill and I don’t want to stop if that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
Risk of death and arrest is why train hopping is so exciting. Don't listen to the STP parents telling you to put your helmet on, make your own judgments, take your own risks, and be your own man. There are no rules to the road, just guidelines.

Tadeo

Wayfarer
Risk of death and arrest is why train hopping is so exciting. Don't listen to the STP parents telling you to put your helmet on, make your own judgments, take your own risks, and be your own man. There are no rules to the road, just guidelines.
I know I know that’s what everyone has told me but him. Everyone I’ve met especially on the tracks have just said to me have fun with it kid. You know what you can can’t do. But anyway man please answer me are are you Mike Brodie?

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
I know I know that’s what everyone has told me but him. Everyone I’ve met especially on the tracks have just said to me have fun with it kid. You know what you can can’t do. But anyway man please answer me are are you Mike Brodie?

Yeah that's me I messaged you some info.

D

Deleted member 24782

I deleted myself
I’m still so confused who tf is my buddy? 😂😂 Brody? I’m sorry to my one stp parent Matt but the only time I felt in danger riding suicide was on slack lines.

Yes I'm your buddy, and I'm enabling you to destroy your life quite possibly before the age of 21, but I think you already got a head start on your own.

CouchPunx

Wanderer
I thought at first you were a runaway figuring things out, in which case i have infinite empathy and was thinking how i could possibly help,to the point of riding out there and kicking down some gear, but it sounds like you got parents thst you dont wanna scare and you actually give a shit about getting to school in the morning.

Thats a good place to be, even if you dont appreciate it.

You, of all people, DO NOT need to ride on the fly, or suicide, you can just wait til next weekend. Theres no hurry. Yiu can be safe, you can keep going to school, you can keep coming home, and you can keep playing around on trains to your hearts content.

If you're really looking for advice, id ssy spend a lot more time watching trains and a lot less time riding them. Theres really not a whole lot to it. If yr in a hurry youll fuck yourself up and fuck with a lot of other peoples lives in the process. Tske yr weekend trips and if youre still having s good time in the summer tske a longer trip somewhere. But dont make yourself others peoples problem.

Tadeo

Wayfarer
I thought at first you were a runaway figuring things out, in which case i have infinite empathy and was thinking how i could possibly help,to the point of riding out there and kicking down some gear, but it sounds like you got parents thst you dont wanna scare and you actually give a shit about getting to school in the morning.

Thats a good place to be, even if you dont appreciate it.

You, of all people, DO NOT need to ride on the fly, or suicide, you can just wait til next weekend. Theres no hurry. Yiu can be safe, you can keep going to school, you can keep coming home, and you can keep playing around on trains to your hearts content.

If you're really looking for advice, id ssy spend a lot more time watching trains and a lot less time riding them. Theres really not a whole lot to it. If yr in a hurry youll fuck yourself up and fuck with a lot of other peoples lives in the process. Tske yr weekend trips and if youre still having s good time in the summer tske a longer trip somewhere. But dont make yourself others peoples problem.
I know man and don’t worry I don’t bring other people in this with me most of my friends don’t even know I do this cause I know they’d want to do it with me. I’ve now got one of the CCGs which definitely helps me out. Thanks for all the advice!

Tadeo

Wayfarer
Yes I'm your buddy, and I'm enabling you to destroy your life quite possibly before the age of 21, but I think you already got a head start on your own.
This to all my dads on here if I ever train hop and get a ride to your area y’all better buy me lunch and take me to a baseball game and we’ll bond.

Tadeo

Wayfarer
15-year-olds with huge balls - what kind of breeding project they got going on there in Waco???

Before I get crucified, that's a joke
Erm not completely sure a mix of being bored of living in a small town and just looking for adventure I guess. Sadly I don’t know anyone else who does this stuff near me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.