Texas lovers planning to travel | Squat the Planet

Texas lovers planning to travel

Gnome

Reaction score
My lover and I are starting to plan to travel, we are currently saving funds, getting gear together and proper clothing, doing research, etc and plan to travel around the country on foot, by train, hitchhiking, and possibly by bus (when funds allow) and we'll also be carrying a small tent with us to camp in. We are hoping to never go back to being a part of the system, or occasionally taking breaks at friend's and family's homes. We were considering traveling out of a van together but haven't figured out what to do for gas money so we are just thinking of bringing a small tent. We were planning in getting 70 liter and 75 liter hiking bags but packing as light as we can. We are on the search for true freedom!

It's nice to meet you all and I hope we can learn valuable information from you! Feel free to recommend any gear, advice, tips, or whatever you'd like below that you think will help us on our journey!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Where are you in texas? I'm in Austin, so if you're nearby, I'd love to shoot the shit and give any advice I can :)

Gnome

Reaction score
Where are you in texas? I'm in Austin, so if you're nearby, I'd love to shoot the shit and give any advice I can :)
I'm located in Forney, about 30 minutes east of Dallas. Austin is a ways a from me but if I'm ever in the area I'll definitely find you :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads