Terrorist Tourism | Squat the Planet

Terrorist Tourism

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
How cool would it be to seek out the FARC or some other group in the Colombian jungle and ask to hang out with them for a little bit? They have been living in the jungle for over 40 years. Colombia has more free roaming terrorist groups than any other country I know of. Always moving, dodging the cops, Army, and rival groups; growin a little yeyo for beer money...What do you guys think?

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Journalists are always making contact with em and getting televised interviews...Also there's a semi-crazed Dutch girl out there named Tanja Nijmeijer. Wild and wacky shiznit. Oh and did I mention unlimited access to yeyo?

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
How cool would it be to seek out the FARC or some other group in the Colombian jungle and ask to hang out with them for a little bit? They have been living in the jungle for over 40 years. Colombia has more free roaming terrorist groups than any other country I know of. Always moving, dodging the cops, Army, and rival groups; growin a little yeyo for beer money...What do you guys think?

::bored::

I'm not exactly sure what your suggesting we do.
Go down to Colombia for good times and yeyo?
I'm keeping my eye on you.

::shifty::

NARC::eyepatch::

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
::bored::

I'm not exactly sure what your suggesting we do.
Go down to Colombia for good times and yeyo?
I'm keeping my eye on you.

::shifty::

NARC::eyepatch::

LOL Watch some FARC and Tanja Nijmeijer vids on youtube...Tanja's a radicalized university graduate from Groningen; speaks 6 languages; whose parents occasionally come visit her in the Andes..."Oh sweetie. Are you getting enough to eat? Arent those palm fronds cold at night?"...She poses with M-16s, dances salsa extremely awkwardly with the other youths..it's intense.

Reactions: Odin

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@Odin - "yeyo" ????

I'm keeping my eye on you!

::android::::hungover::::rules::::rules::::joyful::::joyful::::locktopic::

• Haha
Reactions: Odin and Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah They can be a Grumpy Gus from time to time. FARC: "Ah, Gringo. So you no believe in the true Marxist dialectic?"...Me: "Uhhhh no. I just heard you guys had some homemade aguardiente." lol

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Mn years ago me and a buddy were gung-ho about making a doc about them. we got pretty close to getting it together, but for the life of me now I cant remember why we didn't.
The only thing with those guys or the ELN and so forth, is they don't really stand for what they originally did. Its kind of the the IRA, they start selling drugs to fund the movement and then next thing you know its only about the drugs.

Absolutely love Colombia though with every speck of my heart. I'm happy enough chilling sea side in Cartagena these days..no need to risk getting cut up in the jungle.

• Sad

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
My buddy got caught drinking in a graveyard in Ecuador with two dudes when he was 16. He was a foreign exchange student, turns out the two guys were FARC and had a pistol and a large quantity of yeyo on them.
Ecuador does not like the FARC. So much so that he got thrown into jail and left to rot for perhaps forever. Fortunately, a few weeks into the experience, a diplomat happened to visit, noticed he was american and got him out within 10 minutes.
The newspapers down there published a story saying the 3 had been caught disinterring corpses and practicing necrophilia on them. Not kidding.

• Sad

Hiceadha

Reaction score
Mn years ago me and a buddy were gung-ho about making a doc about them. we got pretty close to getting it together, but for the life of me now I cant remember why we didn't.
The only thing with those guys or the ELN and so forth, is they don't really stand for what they originally did. Its kind of the the IRA, they start selling drugs to fund the movement and then next thing you know its only about the drugs.

Absolutely love Colombia though with every speck of my heart. I'm happy enough chilling sea side in Cartagena these days..no need to risk getting cut up in the jungle.

Cartagena's too hot man, I'm kicking it down in Ipiales beside Ecuador

Reactions: Odin and wizehop

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads