tents? | Squat the Planet

tents?

C

Cush

i have a small, and rather ammusing problem. i have 2 tents left over from my boy scout days. One of them is a super warm 3-4 season tent. The only problem is that it isn't free standing. it needs stakes and that annoys the hell out of me. My other tent is free standing but it's a 2 season tent at best and it isn't waterproof at all. can anyone reccomend a cheap, free standing, all weather tent. or plans on how to make one? it'd be much appreciated.

Y

Yolo

tents tents tents

I have some experience with tents. First of all,
How many people are you going to need to fit in it. Are you super concerned about size and weight?

You could always look into a 1 person tent (like a bivy tent, whch is like a bivy sack but has a couple of small poles to keep it off of your face, if your claustrophobic.)

They have some really nice 2-3 person tents that are really light but cost alot of money (ebay is always a plus)

post some more information about your needs and i'll try to recommend something that fits into your price range and needs

yolo-

iamcrkt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.ethernet.org
tents tents tents

Bivy tents are still bivy sacks.

Outdoor Research makes some real nice bivy sacks, ones with poles are amazing especially make sure it has the mosquito netting that way in the summer you can unzip the main portion so you don't sweat like crazy---but still have a block against those pesty squiters.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads