2016 Jamboree - Tenative Plans for a pre-Jambo run | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Tenative Plans for a pre-Jambo run

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Ok.. so i'm up in the Bay..

My old van seems to have plenty of guts left, but she needs some reconstruction & some TLC.. i have Love & Care for her, but other than the affection itself, little of it is gentle.

@Cornelius Vango? I still have to hit you up about this, but i'm sure it's cool.

I've offered Matt my van, but logistics are uncertain at the moment.
i'm proposing (if possible) to drive the van down to the Library with my ranger in tow, & drop it off, with associated gear, to await for Matt's arrival.
At that point he can review & consider whether or not he wants it, & if not, if will become the property of the library.

I am not sure if I am working labor day or not, or will have a day i can exchange for it, if i do.
if i have the extra day off on a friday or monday (or this labor day), i'll hook everything up & do the drive down.

i am *supposed* to be able to get off early on the 21st, & should be able to drive like hell to the jambo.. we'll see.. this is a new job & i am on the fucking water & there are boats, here.

been on the move more or less since 1974 & it's time to drop dead & decompose.

in any case, once the van is dealt with i can talk to Tude about picking her up, & maybe some other folks.. hell.. i just got an idea & may post in the rideshare section..

anyways..

that's what i'm shooting for, for the moment..

C

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ok.. so i'm up in the Bay..

My old van seems to have plenty of guts left, but she needs some reconstruction & some TLC.. i have Love & Care for her, but other than the affection itself, little of it is gentle.

@Cornelius Vango? I still have to hit you up about this, but i'm sure it's cool.

I've offered Matt my van, but logistics are uncertain at the moment.
i'm proposing (if possible) to drive the van down to the Library with my ranger in tow, & drop it off, with associated gear, to await for Matt's arrival.
At that point he can review & consider whether or not he wants it, & if not, if will become the property of the library.

I am not sure if I am working labor day or not, or will have a day i can exchange for it, if i do.
if i have the extra day off on a friday or monday (or this labor day), i'll hook everything up & do the drive down.

i am *supposed* to be able to get off early on the 21st, & should be able to drive like hell to the jambo.. we'll see.. this is a new job & i am on the fucking water & there are boats, here.

been on the move more or less since 1974 & it's time to drop dead & decompose.

in any case, once the van is dealt with i can talk to Tude about picking her up, & maybe some other folks.. hell.. i just got an idea & may post in the rideshare section..

anyways..

that's what i'm shooting for, for the moment..

C

@creature just to let you know, 90% chance i'll take that van off you, i'll just have to figure out how to get it to where i need to go, legally :p

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
we'll see what it takes.
the title is still florida, so no california bullshit to deal with.
once i get it to the slabs, if it is before you land, we'll do the title work.

if it gets to the slabs ok, then she should be good for another 30K or so, if you know how to love her..

my jambo workshop may be on "fix the fucking van" or screaming "WARNING, WARNING, MATT DERRICK!!"

anyways.. if she's fit, we'll make sure yer legal before yer 1st strung out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads