Intermodal container life! | Squat the Planet

Intermodal container life!

D

Deleted member 8978

I thought I would share this with you guys:

https://www.simplemost.com/amazon-deliver-tiny-house/

They say there has been talented smart people that would know how to turn intermodal containers into tiny houses and make them possible to live in with the right stuff. Amazon wants at least $40,000 to cover the container and the shipping fee. On the other hand, I don't think it's too bad to try to live in one that is completely empty and has no furnishings, right?!

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I thought I would share this with you guys:

https://www.simplemost.com/amazon-deliver-tiny-house/

They say there has been talented smart people that would know how to turn intermodal containers into tiny houses and make them possible to live in with the right stuff. Amazon wants at least $40,000 to cover the container and the shipping fee. On the other hand, I don't think it's too bad to try to live in one that is completely empty and has no furnishings, right?!
thats sounds waay too expensive. you should be able to get one for about 5k seemed like I saw that somewhere.

D

Deleted member 125

5-10k is what ive seen recently depending on the condition. ive seen stories about 53's being turned into small walk in only coffee shops.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I lived in one in Iraq for 10 months. I swore never again. LOL

Although these are probably insulated and don't come with a roommate. So that's a positive I suppose.

Also, it is basically a non-mobile mobile home.

Reactions: vannevar

Will Wood

Reaction score
I saw a Uhaul container of around 8 x 10, covered in an orange water proof shroud. The first thing I thought was, "I could live in that thing." But where could I get one??

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
im currently trying to save up some money for some land in the northwest, and i am going to try and build a shipping container dwelling. have to learn how to weld first tho.....

its fucking cheap, like $2000 per container. outfit the inside with a fram, drywall and insulation, an voila! house.

Get some solar and and a well to go along with it. thats true living.

Watch out world....I have plans....

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:
Reactions: rooster831

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads