Banned tatternutz, creeping on female members (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
Banned Member: @Tatternutz
Reason for Ban: creeping on female members, bizarre staff threats when asked to stop

Additional Notes:

I have banned the user @Tatternutz for continutally creeping on female members of the site despite several requests to stop. Below is the discussion thread we had in the staff only area leading up to his ban. after banning the account, i am moving this thread to the den of the banned for transparency.

----------------------------------------

that trucker guy from a while back seems to be cruising to give chicks rides again. i've been going through some of the backlog of the status updates to remove users asking for rides (no profile info/avatars) and noticed he's posted on several people's profiles. some were from people i removed with the spam cleaner so you won't be able to see those, but just FYI, if any mods want to hit the 'follow' link on their profile we can see when/if he crosses the line.

https://squattheplanet.com/members/tatternutz.21297/

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Hometown
Rochester, NY
Note - some of the facebook rideshare groups have had issues with some of their drivers and the sex thing but also some issues with some female riders doing the offering. The mods on those groups have banned accordingly. But it is a real issue.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Note - some of the facebook rideshare groups have had issues with some of their drivers and the sex thing but also some issues with some female riders doing the offering. The mods on those groups have banned accordingly. But it is a real issue.
i was kinda wondering if this was a issue elsewhere. but the username is also kind of a flag for me but i guess i cant really say shit my name was cantcureherpes so...i cant really be bad about it.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Increasingly aggressive bro
Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Yeah following and holy shit this guy is creepy. It's only my opinion but I really think we're being too lenient with these truckers who are only looking for female riders. Craigslist straight up removed their personals section because of H.R. 1865 (F.O.S.T.A. fight online sex trafficking act) because they could now be held personally accountable legally if something went wrong with a meetup for facilitating said meetup(if I understand it correctly). I just feel like we're giving them an avenue here. If you read every comment or post that guy has ever made it is so fucking clear he's looking for some road pussy. There's even a chain where he's like "Hey I'm only taking dudes in my rig" and Daemon was like "That doesn't sound creepy at all" and then he's like "Yeah, that's the whole point" like wtf? He's screaming it right there. "I'm trying to not sound creepy while doing creepy things"

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Hometown
Bellingham, WA
Yeah following and holy shit this guy is creepy. It's only my opinion but I really think we're being too lenient with these truckers who are only looking for female riders.
Yeah I don't like seeing this stuff on StP either. I know the reason we don't have a "no specifying genders" rule is because it would seem like a double-standard to ban men looking for women but not women looking for women but I honestly think it's pretty clear when someone specifies gender because of safety/comfort issues and when someone's just looking to get laid.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.36.31 PM.png

Not sure how much more obvious he could be after starting off with "Hey beautiful."

Not only does allowing this stuff send a message that we're OK with it, but I feel like a new user who's young and naive, as I admittedly was when I joined StP at 17, might end up in a sketchy situation this way. I'm not saying we have to hold everyone's hand through the process of hitting the road, but getting rid of folks like this seems like an easy move to improve the community.

I would absolutely get behind a new rule against people obviously just looking for sex. I feel like most of the userbase would support it as well. I don't see any downsides to such a rule but if there's something I'm not thinking of, I'm all ears.

If you're looking for ass, you shall not pass!

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
"For whatever reason you were on my mind earlier today" Hmm, I'll take a stab at it. Was the reason maybe because you're some sleazy ass horny trucker dude that the lot lizards won't even fuck with anymore so you're here looking for ass and you thought maybe some lame ass line like "hey beautiful I been thinkin bout ya" would work on this one? gtfo

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
I would absolutely get behind a new rule against people obviously just looking for sex. I feel like most of the userbase would support it as well. I don't see any downsides to such a rule but if there's something I'm not thinking of, I'm all ears.
i coulda sworn we had something like this but i just looked at the website rules and couldnt find it so maybe we had just talked about it before? either way of course im totally behind this.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I thought we did too. There was that other trucker named Larry who was posting only on attractive females pages and I thought we had a discussion about it here and there was talk of some sort of new rule to be implemented but I can't find it now, idk.

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Hometown
New Orleans
I'm all for a new rule that gets rid of the users looking to hook up. The downside is I can see us getting into a lot of battles of semantics with those guilty of doing so.

"I was just saying how she's beautiful, is that a crime?" and other bullshit arguments.

I'm ready to dive in to the fray. So to speak.

As a side note: I fucking hate FOSTA.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
i'm reluctant to add this to our main rules section just because it's long enough already and it turns off a lot of people from reading it. however, we could add it to the sticky thread rules for the ride board, which we already have established here:

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/ride-board-rules.17297/

just as a reminder, not all the rules are in the help section in order to keep it brief. that's why 'read the sticky threads' is one of the rules there, so we can define more granular rules like this on a per-section basis.

in other news, the @Tatternutz posted some really weird shit on my profile:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.05.31-21-00-52.png

i dunno what he's trying to say here, and i tried being nice before, but im tired of the crazy. if the @Staff doesn't mind, i would like to move this thread to the den of the banned and ban his account.

EphemeralStick

Quality Control Queer Commando
Staff member
Hometown
New Orleans
Uhhh....... what? I don't understand that profile post in the slightest. Did he just indignantly admit to having a small dick? I don't.... what?

ANYWAY, I'm all for a new addition to the sticky thread and the banning as well. Let's diggity-do-it.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Staff member
Hometown
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I think it's the only thing we can really do. If we leave him be, he might end up picking up one of our members. Just going off his text alone, I wouldn't want any of our members in a 8'X7' cab alone with him for an extended amount of time while he's at the wheel with the ability to potentially turn off a highway at night and take them out to who knows where and try to do sex to them. I feel like it's a liability hosting him.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Hometown
Rochester, NY
whoo - that is not someone who needs to be here.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
"As a side note: I fucking hate FOSTA."

This^^ fuck that censorship BS!

I was wondering where that StP Meme thread post came from about the trucker, now I know....

D

Dayoldpizza

I deleted myself
I have only gotten rides hitchhiking from truckers 3x, each were super rad, i lucked out i know .the actual clist adds i have seen with truckers are for woman only, which is a red flag for creepy .the few times i have takin the rideshare offers are easily manipulated in appearance vs intention. Always talk on the phone with the rideshare giver, texts from a google voice # are easily made leaving no trace of the persons identity in, anyone can make one fairly easily. if you don't understand proper rules for saftey read the sticky thread as the moderators stated.

Hands in the air DMX style in support of the trucker ban.

IncompletePaleHoatzin-max-1mb.gif

D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Uhhh....... what? I don't understand that profile post in the slightest. Did he just indignantly admit to having a small dick? I don't.... what?

ANYWAY, I'm all for a new addition to the sticky thread and the banning as well. Let's diggity-do-it.
I think tatternutz may have been a little upset that matt completely ignored what i originally said and went on to tell tatternutz that he wasnt doing himself any favours by asking for only female riders and following every female stp member. I think he may have been trying to say that matt was the one with a small dick? And the constitution stuff? Well being that im not American ive never read the constitution. But i guess he was trying to say it was his constitutional right to try get laid over the Internet? Anyway Tatternutz is gone now. We certainly dont need creeps on here. They do scare away the newer members who have a genuine interest in being a member of stp and the lifestyle

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chelsssea Introductions 10