summer time uninhabited island squat cape cod mass | Squat the Planet

summer time uninhabited island squat cape cod mass

D

deleted17310

okay so this place okay so this place called panekes Island that used to have a school on it for bad kids from Boston has been uninhabited for several years now maybe as many as five but it has a big house a tool shop a boat shop climbing walls animal pens chicken coops Garden space basketball court a forge a school house building with attached Greenhouse it is federal property and a portion of it is a protected Wildlife Preserve for a species of birds that mates there so squatters may be able to announce themselves as Guardians of The Birds and their area of the island which is restricted two humans during a certain time of year but it's far from the rest of the facilities I am on my way to Massachusetts now which is my home I am a former resident of this island and I have contact in the cape who were not only students with me but also the former directors of the school I already put in a call and have a guy tracking down a boat for some people to go out there and assess the situation to see what would be needed to kick-start a summertime community spring is already almost here so there's not a lot of time to wait I'm not messing around about this or a flake I really want to do this if any of you kids out there are interested and want to become involved get at me quick or start heading toward Falmouth Massachusetts here's the Wikipedia link with a little bit of information and background about the island
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penikese_Island

Last edited:
D

deleted17310

Update. Talked to another person and did more digging the island was in operation for opioid treatment untill just a few months ago. Solar powered now and fresh water well is working

D

Deleted member 20683

that's awesome, im in mass. was thinking of going to p-town to busk and whatever this summer. love to hear more about it

D

deleted17310

Oak moth I will Oak moth I will definitely give you the lowdown but right now I got to go break some farm equipment out here in Illinois for the day before I start traveling East I'll hit you up later

fig

Reaction score
i'd love to get out there this summer, i haven't really got any useful practical skills though.

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
That does sound like a interresting opportunity. Certainly keep us updated and posted on the progress. Sounds like true adventure waiting to unfold......

fig

Reaction score
i'm going to colorado to try and get work as a river rafting guide first, but if i'm not able to, or afterwards, i might get out there. i'd like to.

D

deleted17310

I'm in Ohio heading that way idk if I'm going to scout it or just go for it. Few 50 lb bags of rice and beans, 5lbs of salt and a cook pot should just about do the trick

D

deleted17310

I have been thinking I have been thinking a lot about this island thing and I'm still going to do it and it's still a good idea but I realized I have no idea how long it takes for a fucking tomato to mature let alone some corn so I'm probably just going to go out there with a bunch of people and some big bags of cheap rice and beans it will still have a really great time and if you want to plant things or build things that's okay but I just thought maybe it would be cool to set up a sweat log and make a big art piece out of all the trash we cleaned up off the beaches and it also sounds a lot more of a realistic goal

Lyzajaynie58

Reaction score
Tomatoes take a while - seeds started inside now, planted in May would fruit by August. Greens are fast, can be harvested within a few weeks. Growing near salt water can be a challenge too. Maybe construct a greenhouse of sorts - plastic sheeting and some lumber...good luck!!

D

deleted17310

Okay update. I don't give no fucks about planting tomatoes I just got to boston gonna start making this thing happen. I'll be on Cape Cod within 3 or 4 days and gonna make camp where ever I find work. Oh yea I'm buying a boat I don't f'n know come help

D

deleted17310

Okay here I am. Cape Cod Massachusetts. Easy part is done. The trek is over the real journey begins now. This is a retirement home I'm working towards here. A home we can take to 70% of the planets surface! I'm ready. Need a floating family of brave care free souls to help make this happen. Who wants to see Australia?

Plan A. I'm getting a job. Reading up on sailing, navigation, maritime law, weather, ocean currents, anything I can find. to get down basic mechanics and tour local islands I'll rent or borrow small boats or beg my way into anything with a sail to learn more. Aquire a boat big enough to circumnavigate the globe and be the best pirate and adventurer I can be.

Plan B. Enforcing plan A. Scroll up incase you missed it.

If any of you are really serious and want to really do this. Now is a good time to get to Cape Cod. It's beginning now. I won't waste time and I really want as many people who are passionate about doing this to help realize the dream with me from the start. Floating family situation. I am no leader and don't seek to be a commander or monarch. Collective cooperation for the overall good of a group with common goals.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads