Seeking Ride Stuck in Stockton after getting my gear stolen (1 Viewer)

Wildcat

Traveling from
Stockton, CA
Destination
Michigan, Slab City, Quartzsite, or anywhere but here really
Rode across the country with somebody off Reddit, just to have them ditch me and steal my gear at a gas station here while using the bathroom two nights ago. Thought I lost everything, but fortunately I found my pack sitting in the middle of the parking lot. Sad part is, is that my tent, sleeping bag, clothes, and more were still in the car... Tried hitching on the 5 for well over 6 hours without a single bit of luck. Growing pretty desperate and feeling more and more like a homebum. If anybody happens to be coming through here, I'd seriously appreciate a ride ANYWHERE. Thanks!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
If you could scrounge up a few bucks you could work your way west to the bay area on public transit....Amtrak to Oakland is only $12. And its WAY better than Stockton. Fuck hitching the 5, get over to the bay and take public transit to Santa Cruz area and hitch the 101/1.

OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

If you could scrounge up a few bucks you could work your way west to the bay area on public transit....Amtrak to Oakland is only $12. And its WAY better than Stockton. Fuck hitching the 5, get over to the bay and take public transit to Santa Cruz area and hitch the 101/1.
Thanks for the info! Actually managed to make a few bucks so I'll probably do just that. Holy shit Stockton sucks haha

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
But ya, if you get to Oakland, you can take BART or a bus to SF, down to Pacifica, and hotch the 1 to Santa Cruz and further south, either the 101 @ Salinas, ca (fastest) or continue the 1 down into Ventura, CA (more scenic)

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
Also if your goal would be more Santa Cruz than Oakland, you could also look into ACE, Altamont Corridor Express. It's right next to the UP yard near Church St/Scotts. They run commuter trains over Altamont to San Jose and such. Might even be cheaper than Amtrak.

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Also if your goal would be more Santa Cruz than Oakland, you could also look into ACE, Altamont Corridor Express. It's right next to the UP yard near Church St/Scotts. They run commuter trains over Altamont to San Jose and such. Might even be cheaper than Amtrak.
THAT is info I will be using in the future.

Faceplant

Mmmm . . . Taste the Ballast!
I’m getting ready to leave the house for the day, back tonight. DM me your cell number if you have one, and we can talk, I may be able to help you out. I’m near Santa Cruz.

OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

I’m getting ready to leave the house for the day, back tonight. DM me your cell number if you have one, and we can talk, I may be able to help you out. I’m near Santa Cruz.
I think I finally got it taken care of. Probably just gonna cough up the funds for a greyhound down to El Centro for now. Thanks a lot though. Definitely appreciate the offer!

Coywolf

Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
Taking a greyhound to San Bernadino and then local busses down to Indio, and then local to North Shore, then hitch to the slabs might be cheaper.

OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Taking a greyhound to San Bernadino and then local busses down to Indio, and then local to North Shore, then hitch to the slabs might be cheaper.
I'll probably do just that. Thanks a lot! Finally getting out of here will probably be one of the greatest feelings ever lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.