Suggestion Structuring the where-to section

T Paradise

Current Location
Metz
I'm currently researching a few countries I might go to in the next couple of months and think the forum would benefit from a little bit more structure in the destinations subforum. What I think could work well is subdividing europe, asia, south america etc. into countries. Then you could have a kind of general thread for every country and put anything worth of an own thread into the subforum of the country, like a thread for a specific city or something.
Or keep the basic structure implemented now and maybe stick threads for different countries at the top?
I am looking for infos on portugal for example, but if I put portugal in the search there come mostly posts that just state that someone is going there, looking for a road dog or something. Plus I don't find any of the threads that don't have portugal in them but are related, like threads specifically about Porto.

On the other hand I don't know how useful this approach would be, since a lot of the interesting stuff might not be in that section to start with, but in travel stories. Maybe the best would be if you could use tags for threads, so that every thread that relates to portugal for example would be tagged "portugal" and if you research a country you could just work with the tags.
Don't know how hard any of that would be to implement, but it's certainly something I am missing. I feel like there's a lot of knowledge on this boards, but when I am looking into any destinations I don't find too much.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
that's definitely something i've been wanting to do for years, basically create a directory of useful places for travelers... i recently got some software that i think might accomplish this task; i am in the testing phase and i will post here when it's ready to use!