Stranded in L.A

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I’m from the uk and currently stranded in Los Angleles (Hollywood to be exact). All I have is my backpack and it looks as though I’ll be sleeping rough again tonight. Does anybody have any tips on how I can stay warm? Last night was awful with all the rain.

I hope I’ve posted this in the correct place

All the best
Scott

Reaction score
I should also say that I have no money and I’m currently sitting where I found free wifi. I’ve been left high and dry in this situation. I have a flight booked back home for in a about a week and a half. I just need to make it until then :)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I dont know any specifics in LA but there are definitely people/places that will give you a blanket or jacket for free. Google is your pal my man.

Can confirm. You need to find a shelter, get some free stuff. Find a cardboard dumpster, raid cardboard, sleep on it/wrap up in it. Try to find a heat vent near a building and sleep next to it. Find a Park with a pagoda to stay under, or some kind of overhead/wind shelter.

I'm not goingto do LA any favors by talking it up. I can't stand it there. Stay away from Santa Monica, and know where you are going if walkingin the city.

Reaction score
Thank you all for commenting! I’m still out here…just found a place to charge my phone at the gas station. Yea I don’t really know the city well enough to be walking around to be honest…I know certain areas but I’m not familiar by any means lol I’m just trying to make it to the airport. I try stop people to ask for information but nobody ever wants to talk, except one guy that got me a burger. He was cool :)

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

MichelleA66

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
If you're phone is still charged and you can use maps, check to see how far you are from the airport. Maybe you could go there and just wait there until your flight. You have a ticket to show anyone who may harass you. Just a thought.

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

MichelleA66

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
If you're phone is still charged and you can use maps, check to see how far you are from the airport. Maybe you could go there and just wait there until your flight. You have a ticket to show anyone who may harass you. Just a thought.

Following up on your situation. Hope you found a spot to wait out the week. Did you make your flight back to the UK?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads