StP is seeking writers, photographers, and video makers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The Squat the Planet blog is seeking writers, photographers, and video makers to contribute on a semi-regular basis. We're looking for people that are interested in writing stories about their current travels, previous wild adventures, and folks willing to go out and do "scene reports" or reviews about cities, places and events that would be of interest to the StP community.

We're especially interested in people that would like to report back from annual events around the country. If you're planning on attending events like Autonomous Mutant Festival, Best Friends Day, Maryland Death Fest, Mardi Gras, Anarchist Book Fairs, Northwest Folk Life Festival, Ann Arbor Punk Week, or any other similar event, please consider documenting your experiences there to share with others through the StP website. Not everyone can make it to every event, so we're really looking to provide a place where others can see what they missed around the country.

We're accepting submissions in the form of written stories, photo essays, audio interviews, and video documentaries. Feel free to post here or email me directly at feedback@squattheplanet.com if you have any questions!

Last edited:

zephyr23

Reaction score
hey i am a film maker and photographer and i am making a zine on my experiences in mexico also i have a lot of pic of my trip to costa rico for three month, so what you looking for ? so i would love to help

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
basically, if you can tell a good story, whether it's through pictures, words, or video, we want it. make a submission to feedback@squattheplanet.com and I'll give it a look over.

Last edited:
E

Earth

While on the surface I may appear to live a straight life, it's anything but as all my free time is spent outdoors - exploring - be it hiking adventures with my dogo, or kayaking trips (always solo) down a river - or even way way off-shore into open water...

Not too sure how much interest there would be regarding my eco work, but again - I am definately an outside person, all year round - which is probably why I am almost never on-line, as it's not possible to do both...

I'll see if I have the time.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool man, let me know when you do!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
we're DEFINITELY looking at being an international online zine/blog, so if you're from countries other than the usa, we very, very much want your contributions!

on a side note, one of my goals with StP is to have it translated into your country's language with a website plugin that will do the translations on the fly :)

Last edited:
Reactions: outskirts

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, if you're interested in sending us stories/video of your past travels we're down with that as well.

M

Mouse

if they actually have BF Day this summer I'll be there and I always take a ton of photos. I've been constantly hearing rumors that it wont take place again because it got way too blown up and some kid got hit by a car last summer and a bunch of other drama.

I also have one short story I've written so far about my travels which I've posted in the stories section, if you'd like to use it for a story archive go for it.

menu

Reaction score
hey matt Im gonna be going to the FARMAGEDDON records festival this summer up in west yellowstone,MT. a bunch of really rad folk country and other bands of that nature. a bunch of old riders turned tour dudes like JB beverly, jayke orvis, and so on. I can do some shit up there. itll actually get done seeing that Im all sober now. haha. hit me up. check out the festival too

http://www.newrootsorder.com/

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey matt Im gonna be going to the FARMAGEDDON records festival this summer up in west yellowstone,MT. a bunch of really rad folk country and other bands of that nature. a bunch of old riders turned tour dudes like JB beverly, jayke orvis, and so on. I can do some shit up there. itll actually get done seeing that Im all sober now. haha. hit me up. check out the festival too

http://www.newrootsorder.com/

sounds awesome dude, my friend mikey is planning on going up for that, he lives here in slab city. i heard that's going to be an amazing festival, so if you could cover it, that would be fucking awesome. i might try and make it up there myself.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if they actually have BF Day this summer I'll be there and I always take a ton of photos. I've been constantly hearing rumors that it wont take place again because it got way too blown up and some kid got hit by a car last summer and a bunch of other drama.

I also have one short story I've written so far about my travels which I've posted in the stories section, if you'd like to use it for a story archive go for it.

sweet, ill look up that story, and keep me updated about BF day, id love to hear back from that, I've been wanting to go for years.

menu

Reaction score
BF day sucked ass last year in my opinion. we hopped the fence literally like 15 times just to get thrown out again. so we just rode the bus back and forth getting hammered.

menu

Reaction score
matt you should def try and make it. should be amazing. beautiful area to hold a festival

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what about some cool ue stuff? Im trying to put together a bunch of photos and story on forgotten tourist traps right now while im at the beach....

UE stuff is great, I'm totally planning on doing a few articles about it for StP as I come across good locations. So send some in!

Last edited:
M

Mouse

BF day sucked ass last year in my opinion. we hopped the fence literally like 15 times just to get thrown out again. so we just rode the bus back and forth getting hammered.
yeah, last year was kinda lame. I had fun, but it's kinda losing it's charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads