StP is seeking a discord admin (experience preferred)

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Hey folks, if you haven't noticed yet, we replaced our website chat with the discord chat service and it's been going quite well! The chat room is quite active and engagement has gone up quite a lot! There's almost always someone present to chat with and answer questions, and with the discord mobile app, you can chat during your travels as well!

So, with StP being such a huge project and the fact that I am only one person, I am looking for someone that would like to work with our Discord chat server to make it a more fun, interactive, and interesting place! I'm seeking someone that would be interested in being an admin in addition to seeking out new bots and adding new features to the channel. This would include adding features like an welcome messages, an experience system, music bots, new text/voice chat rooms, or anything else that might be useful to the StP community or just fun to implement in general.

Experience in integrating bots and editing roles and user/bot permissions would be preferred, although if you're looking for a server to experiment with before starting your own, this might be a good fit as well. If you're willing to put in the time to learn what needs to be done, the previous experience may be unnecessary. It's not as complicated as website design (no coding necessary) but an ability to understand how roles and permissions work in discord will be helpful.

If you're interested, check out our current setup by clicking on the chat link in the main navigation and replying here. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
oh, on a side note, i'm also looking for custom emojis to use in the discord channel if anyone wants to contribute any!

Current Location
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
I used to develop Discord bots, so I know how Discord's permission and role system works.

Depending on if you can host a bot I would be willing to write you one to have features you want.

I really need an avatar

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
well that's a great offer, thank you. i guess what we need first though is to decide what the bot would do (in terms of needed features) before making it, since otherwise we're kinda putting the cart before the horse :)

Latest Status Updates

Looks like I should be hitting the road after the first of September. Will be nice to take time for myself finally.
yet another great sunrise at coney island in brooklyn, ny!
In Eugene... where can we meet people?
Good food , Good herb and a Comfortable Secure place to relax is how lazy starts. lol . Feeling Grateful. Status = Deep in thought!
Stuck in Michigan for the foreseeable future, my ol lady got herself busted by the pigs so I've got to stick around through court and whatever jail time she may get...need a good spange spot in Grand Rapids...can anyone point me in a direction?
At least southern ticks have the decency to be large and pluckable, unlike these wee Yankee cowards...
The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
-Paulo Coelho
Izy
Heading to Washington for work. Had a nice little time in Portland. Miss this girl , but she just wanna do her own thing.