StP family IDs - Sock Monkeys! | Squat the Planet

StP family IDs - Sock Monkeys!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
@RovingAnarchist

Is a genius! Listen to this idea!!! Wow...just wow...

As everyone knows, I have a sock monkey project and Roving Anarchist just came up with a genius plan.

We're all, one, awesome family here and so how about we show our united awesome ness?

For those that would like one...how about a tiny sock monkey/ugly doll for your backpack, or to sit on your dash, those who rubber tramp?

As Roving Anarchist said...when we see a tiny sock monkey/ugly doll, we can automatically know that we're seeing an StP family member and introduce ourselves to one another.

I'm a Freegan and a recycler...so the monkey/dolls will be made from used socks and will be free to whoever wants one.

Anyone game?

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
I'm a Freegan and a recycler...so the monkey/dolls will be made from used socks and will be free to whoever wants one.

Anyone game?
I'm both a recycler and a craft junkie. I'll do my part in the making of the STP monkeys! I feel like they ought to have a little something extra that makes them uniquely STP. There are already a lot of sock monkeys in the world. What if we put the little STP planet logo (up top in the left hand corner by the Home tab) on there to differentiate ourselves?

K

Kim Chee

Postage costs (unless face to face transaction).

Also, do you have the time to crank out sock monkeys? I think they might be popular. Wouldn't you like a couple dollahs?

And...if I happen upon a big box of sox can I send them to you;)?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like a cool idea. I already have a mighty mini mole and Grue/Domo that will take up residence in my pack.

Domo-kun_run.gif

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
I can't imagine that he'd object... (plus if i'm not mistaken as long as we don't sell anything, it falls under fair use.)
I don't plan to sell them, ever.

The logo'd ones are just for the StP family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kal

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
Postage costs (unless face to face transaction).

Also, do you have the time to crank out sock monkeys? I think they might be popular. Wouldn't you like a couple dollahs?

And...if I happen upon a big box of sox can I send them to you;)?

The monkeys/ugly dolls will be very small...not Sam's size...so they can be ziptied, sewn, stapled, whatever to backpacks.

Shipping will be negligible, as only StP family members will get them.

As for socks...absolutely... I'll always take anything I can reuse.

Reactions: Kal and ODBeef
K

Kim Chee

If you happen upon a nice quantity of clean, dry socks send them to @Andrea Van Scoyoc:)

I have a few nice socks in wool and was recently thinking about replacing them with new ones as they have gotten a little thin. I'll send you a pm and see if they are something you can use.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads