Stopped to say hi finally | Squat the Planet

Stopped to say hi finally

applejuice

Reaction score
Lurked for a long time, created an account, lurked even more. Figured i might as well say hi.

Been toying with the idea of getting out of this dead city of mine for years, and since i saved up some money, this may very well be the spring i finally do.
For the past year i have been working everywhere i can to save for some basic shit like a decent backpack, clothes and whatnot.
Currently working as a night shift delivery guy, which extends to 12+ hour shifts for ~2$/hr with little to no overtime. Worked at a sheep farm before that for a couple of months, but it didn't work out, as things tend to do you know.

Hitching and squatting is not foreign to me, though doing so for longer than a couple of months is, so i'm still figuring things out. The plan was to travel a bit and use helpx and whatnot to find farm work, maybe make connections for some extra cash along the way. Happy to take other suggestions though.

Figuring visas out seems to be the biggest issue right now, as things are more complicated on this side of the puddle.

Anyways, cheers everyone. If anyone is looking for some company along the way, feel free to shoot a message my way. I can make some mean beans!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP! We've been getting many more people join here outside the US borders and the is awesome! And it sounds like you have quite a plan in works - do you know were you want to go and see?

Reactions: Kal

applejuice

Reaction score
do you know were you want to go and see?

Not yet, still need to figure out which countries i need a visa for so i know to avoid those. Its not as simple here as in the US, that's for sure. Wouldn't really like entering a county, then spending time in a "hotel" with bars just because i didn't do my research

I'll base my route on the first reply i get from helpx. Also, i have a couple of friends scattered around who said i am more than welcome to visit and stay for a few days, so that would be my "pit stops" as well.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that's awesome man, welcome to StP! it's so nice to see so many new people from the european area lately! i heard that croatia is going to be joining the schengen zone in mid 2016? if so, you might be in luck and not need a visa at all :)

i dunno if you're into the idea of van dwelling, but there's a really neat blog about a guy that travels around europe in his awesomely converted van:

http://vandogtraveller.com

just throwing that out there :)

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P have fun and be safe.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads