steel toed boots | Squat the Planet

steel toed boots

xbocax

Reaction score
any disadvantages to steel toed boots? Ive been looking for some boots and Im never sure whether to go with or avoid steel toe for w/e reason

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
avoid steel toe, they'll fuck your shit up pretty good yo. comin from experience. get some docs man

boucaneer

Reaction score
the "british assault boots" that i wear offer protection for the toes and heel by using reinforced hardened leather instead on steel. they aint heavy either.

you might be able to get them from an army surplus store. they are standered issue over here and there are hundreds of thousands of them.

the are called, "british assault boots."

D

Deleted member 20

I wear chipewa work boots, non steel toed. I did get chased down by a group of about 5-6 Hells Angel affiliated bikers last week & I had these boots on, they still caught me after 2 blocks or so & I believe atleast one of them was wearing steel toes, the cracked rib is proof positive. So I dunno but I love these boots, & if possible always buy quality real leather boots that are made well, they will take awhile to break in but will last forever & can actually be repaired/resoled etc..

Oh & by the way I am pretty sure I deserved that beating.

D

Deleted member 20

I just sneezed & my almost 2 week old broken/cracked rid hurt like amotherfucker so I will agree that a well placed boot(with steel) does the trick.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
any object heavy enough to bend the steel toe insert so as to cut off your toes would crush your fucking foot if you didnt have the toe anyway.
they are cold as shit in the winter, even insulateds. the only steeltoe boots suitable for winter are like Husqvarna chainsaw boots with the removable felt liners, maybe Muck boots if they had removable felt liners, or other things w/ removable felt liners. check out fiberglass toe boots for same protection but not the terrible heat transfer properties (not gonna find these cheap tho)
unless you're working in a job where they legit protect your feet (trail crew or masonry or any shit where you use your foot as a wedge for heavy rocks, anything w/ chainsaws for cutprotection), or one that requires them to work, don't bother.
they will slow you down running w/ their extra weight

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
this topic has been disscussed in detail before......but yeah i agree....ive had several pairs of docmartens and various other boots thru the years and the steel toe is unbearable in the wintertime even if your sleepin out side in socal...wake up so cold from wearin em yer feet cant move...thye arent quite asleep but the nerves dont work do to being frozen...haha...i suggest gettign a lightweight sho you are comfortable with indoors and out as well as walking at least 5 miles in with little effort.....if you expect to do some "on the fly" riding it can be helpfull to have a deep heel to catch ladders and whatnot....from experience...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads