Steel toe boots | Squat the Planet

Steel toe boots

zephyr23

Reaction score
Hi ALL,
I just got a pair of caterpillar steel toe boots kicked down. they are my size and they confortable. I was just wondering what are all your views on steel toe boots? I have been told by some they would never were them because the steel can cut your toes off if they get run over. Then I have been told that all BS.what do all you think about them. also if you know any real PRO/CON of each.
Thanks so much.

K

kokomojoe

Well I have some dickies steel toe and I think I might try some nice canvas type like these
palladium-desert-boot-sm.jpg

I guess I don't really wear boots that much to say which is better or worse but as long as the insole feels good then they're alright. They might be a little bit heavier but I like mine. Not to mention if you do get into some shit, you could do some damage with a few kicks. And any shit about the steel cutting your toes off, you have to think, if you weren't wearing steel toes and something with enough force landed on your toes to make the steel cut your toes off then, your toes would probably be gone with or without the steel toes ya know? Wear them around a while and see what you think of them. If they aren't your thing, you can always pass them on to someone else.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
i find steelies heavy and uncomfortable and the steel gets cold and then so do my toes. I thinks it's possible I've just never found the right pair for me. I wear them if I need them for work but otherwise army surplus boots are fine for me.

K

kokomojoe

I think they aren't very practical for doing a lot of walking/traveling but they're better than no boots at all I guess. Although if I had the choice between steel or no steel, I'd probably lean more towards no steel.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If you're doing steel work,or something that needs steel toes yes,but once done with the work,take em off !

Reactions: Psi em and p4r4d0x

Melvin

Reaction score
I've heard 1 lb of weight on your feet equals 3 on your back. Got that from a guy who does a lot of section hikes around the AT and stuff like that. Take those things off!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads