Started smoking a pipe,,,Cost of rolling papers too much

Redd Capp

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
3.00 for zig zags? I paid 7.00 for a corn cob and its paid for itself already. Besides pipe tobbaco is taxed lower and is tastyer.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
but i do like to collect all the roaches and make 2nd and 3rd generation joints with them. and i love the afterlingering smell you get on yourself after smoking a joint or a blunt

Reactions: drewski

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
been smokin a pipe for over a year now and I gotta say it IS a nice investment. i started with a cheap corn cob pipe but after a few months of use the damn thing started falling apart, so now its all taped up and shit. i dont think its any worse for me, i mean, im not smoking the tape or anything, though my buddy keeps making snide remarks about it. what was the point of this post again? oh yeah! pipes are awesome. yeah

Redd Capp

Banned
Reaction score
Pipes can be a investment. Unlike cigars where you smoke em and they are gone(Old Cigars can be collectible too if properly humidified can last 50 years). For me smoking has gone from a nasty habit to a interesting hobby with its own collectors and conventions
Peterson are the top of the line starting at 50.00 and going up to 200.00. On my trips I scour antique shops for pipes. I scored a Rinaldi for 50.00 and it was latter appraised at 500.00. I can find shops that want to get rid of there pipes starting at 15.00.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/ is a good place to start and has a listing of clubs

Leap

Reaction score
I got a a nice stone pipe and I love it, the only bad side is that its hard to stealth smoke with a pipe, when you're lighting the bowl each hit. Other then that though it's fucking awesome, One day I was in a shelter and I had just smoked and since I just smoked and was high I forgot to zip up my jacket where I keep it, thing fell out and made the noise of a rock scattering across the floor. Noone looked up from what they were doing. and the thing didn't have a damn scratch on it. That just sealed it for me, never going to papers pipes rock

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Yep, I gotta say, I love smoking my pipe. It's one of the things that can be worth fronting a little bit of extra money for, especially for the real nice tobaccos. I'm a fan of Virginia-Perique mixes, really great stuff. Cornell & Diehl's Bayou Morning flake is some really good shit. To me, there are two modes of living: life when I'm smoking pipe everyday, and life when I'm not. The difference in mental disposition is striking; when I am smoking regularly, I'm less of a fatalist, more relaxed, and my anxiety goes away.
The best part is that it's not slavishly addictive like cigs are... I mean, yeah, it's addictive, maybe in the same way hot showers or chocolate is. Enjoyable enough to want to keep doing it, but not where I'd piss and moan about not having any once I was out, like cigs.

I'm real glad I quit chew and went to the pipe, that shit was devilish..

JannethintheWind

Reaction score
Write a letter to zig zag...worked for a buddy of mine...becuase they do not offer any discounts or sale prices ever..he must have made a compelling argument....they sent him a case of papers

drewski

Banned
Reaction score
I never smoked tobacco out of a pipe, only snerbage. To me, tobacco in a pipe was just...weird. I always rolled my own and smoked it the "normal" way I suppose. I would just buy the American Spirit packs and they would last quite a long time if I didn't decide to smoke like a chimney. I guess I'm just not classy enough to be smokin' out of a corn cob pipe. To each his/her own :)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You were never inspired by "Tom Sawyer" or "Huckleberry Finn" ?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads