Banned Starkley banned for failing to understand how a forum works then being a dick about it (1 Viewer)

do all stp users have a distain for rainbow?

• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Maybe because it's a more functional event and they're jealous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing against the event itself, it's the people that attend who are horrible.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
just before this thread gets put to bed - can someone explain the term wook for me ?
Yanno, I'm not positive of this but just doing basic math I suspect it has something to do with a lot of rainbow kids having like.. a whole lot of hair everywhere right? So dreads probably, a beard is likely too right. Then everywhere else(which I'm totally not knocking, fuck shaving imo) but yeah, I think all of that kinda makes one look like a wookie, Chewbacca Star Wars you know? So then just shorten that to wook and here we are. I could be entirely wrong about every single bit of that, if so please somebody educate us both.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
And the reason why so many people here have such disdain for rainbow is because it's a shitty event. You guys wanna act like you're all nature loving this this and that but the truth is you guys fuck shit up. When cattle move in herds across prairies they destroy a shit ton of the habitat they're trampling over. All that dancing is no different. The waste you leave behind, the additional strain put on local hospitals. The list goes on and on.

It used to be cool in the early 90's but it's so far removed from how it was back then. It shouldn't even go by the same name anymore. Isn't there a rainbow forum or something? Maybe you'd find more like minded folks there, idk?
Holy fuck this is the most relavent thing I've heard all week. You are speaking to the Ranger in me. Haha

One of the reasons we get so many threads about rainbow events is because the rainbow family can't get their shit together enough to make a website that doesn't look like it was coded in notepad in 1992. So when people search for "rainbow gatherings" on Google, StP is usually in the top 5 results.

TL;DR: no forums for wooks cause that would involve too much effort.
*Such a perfect statement

Ya, this post is like the most telling Drainbow commentary I've heard in a long time. All sign point to a GIANT "D" in front of the poster's self-labeling.

Desperado Deluxe

Wanderer
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
Honestly the op was just trying to share where they'd been in their travels which is often a way I've connected with people.
When the forum admin went off and used a derogatory term to reference the op and used their post as an excuse to bash rainbow culture.
Isn't xenophobia something we stand against? and what's this site for anyway?

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Fuck it, I'll bite.
Don't you think xenophobia is a bit of a heavy word in this context? We're pretty fucking open-minded around here, as a whole I don't think we judge other groups of people for being different. But we're also observant of the actions of those other groups of people.

Rainbow culture used to be fucking swell about 28 years ago, but it's an entirely different animal nowadays, it's continually getting worse too. And sure it isn't every single rainbow attendee that's ruining it, but it's a large enough percentage of them at this point that(in my opinion) we can attack it. Similar to ACAB, I've met a few cool cops but fuck cops right?

If they weren't destroying the national forest they supposedly love, and maybe they could scale down the rapiness a bit, among other local impacts they have and leave in their wake.. idk, I'd probably be all for it. Love is a pretty cool thing, can we love the land a bit more before we leave? Be a little less trash culture about it maybe?

It's just like homebums right. We've all got/had a homebum we love(d). They're not all terrible, but the greater majority are. Many of them burn the spots. They're not very good at picking up after themselves. Shittin on the sidewalks, shittin on themselves, shittin on you and me. They could be better that's all I'm saying.

Same goes for rainbow kids, they could fix this entire stigma in a single year. Leave the land exactly as you found it. Leave it better than you found it. Pick up the last assholes trash left before you arrived. Don't make it a million times worse all while at the same time talkin bout love mother earth n whatnot. Work that shit out ya wooks, you're fuckin up!

Desperado Deluxe

Wanderer
Current Location
Fuck it, I'll bite.
Don't you think xenophobia is a bit of a heavy word in this context? We're pretty fucking open-minded around here, as a whole I don't think we judge other groups of people for being different. But we're also observant of the actions of those other groups of people.

Rainbow culture used to be fucking swell about 28 years ago, but it's an entirely different animal nowadays, it's continually getting worse too. And sure it isn't every single rainbow attendee that's ruining it, but it's a large enough percentage of them at this point that(in my opinion) we can attack it. Similar to ACAB, I've met a few cool cops but fuck cops right?

If they weren't destroying the national forest they supposedly love, and maybe they could scale down the rapiness a bit, among other local impacts they have and leave in their wake.. idk, I'd probably be all for it. Love is a pretty cool thing, can we love the land a bit more before we leave? Be a little less trash culture about it maybe?

It's just like homebums right. We've all got/had a homebum we love(d). They're not all terrible, but the greater majority are. Many of them burn the spots. They're not very good at picking up after themselves. Shittin on the sidewalks, shittin on themselves, shittin on you and me. They could be better that's all I'm saying.

Same goes for rainbow kids, they could fix this entire stigma in a single year. Leave the land exactly as you found it. Leave it better than you found it. Pick up the last assholes trash left before you arrived. Don't make it a million times worse all while at the same time talkin bout love mother earth n whatnot. Work that shit out ya wooks, you're fuckin up!
Prejudice is prejudice homie. At least talk to someone before you just straight up assume the worst of them. People judge me all the time and it makes it hard to do any damn thing because people assume the worst of me for being homeless. I'm sick of it.
At least give them a chance even if its not your "thing" maybe its someone elses. I've seen a lot of topics just straight up get stone walled when they could be otherwise productive.

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I think you're missing most if not the entire point. Nobody is just blindly judging them. It's been observed numerous times by numerous folks. It isn't just two or three of us who feel this way.

If I go to an event site after all the attendees have left, am I gonna see a bunch of trash and trampled ecosystems proving my point? Or am I gonna realize I've been too harsh in judgement? Let's be real.

I don't agree that it's prejudice. That's something a person feels about others going off baseless information. You can Google Rainbow Gathering criticism and spend weeks reading articles about all the shittiness caused by that bunch.

Just look at the attitude of this OP, is that a level headed person in your opinion? Seems quick to fly off the handle and make false accusations left and right if you ask me. I like you Gaucho, this isn't an argument by any stretch. I think we just see things differently on this subject.

Another point I wanna make is; We're not so naive to believe we don't have shitty individuals in basically every scene. Yeah, we're saying some negative things about how some wooks behave. We're just as quick to call out people from other groups. If I identify with any one group on this site it would be the train riding crowd. Go have a look at that post from about half a year ago where those train rider junkies stabbed up that cat with their rigs. Look who's talkin mad shit on their behavior all up and down that thread.

We all have bad seeds. A lot of riders leave their trash at the jungles and surrounding areas. That's pretty fucked. But I guess the difference in my world is that we're talking about an abandon lot behind some industrial buildings next to the railroad right of way often times.. versus the fucking national forest. If I'm gonna speak up to protect one it's gonna be the forest over some random lot.

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
At least give them a chance even if its not your "thing" maybe its someone elses.
This is what I mean about missing the point. I literally just said love is rad. Peace is a beautiful concept as well. And that I thought differently of rainbow decades ago. It being "not my thing" is so off. What's not my thing is hypocritical people. People pretending they're one thing, but then within that community you have rapists and pedophilia. Littering is practically their trademark. It's just a whole bunch of suck.

Desperado Deluxe

Wanderer
Current Location
To judge an individual on the acts of the group they're from isn't fair. Especially when its only a few individuals in a group that are fucking it up.
Look I'm not a major rainbow goer and nationals ain't my thing but smaller regionals are pretty cool. My point being I'm not going to think all rainbow gatherings suck because nationals is a shit show.

Engineer J Lupo

Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Right, I agree. Nobody here is saying every rainbow kid is a drainbow. Nobody is saying every single event is a shit show. How could anybody make that call if they didn't attend all those events? Nobody started off attacking OP's character just because she's a rainbow kid. The question was.. what in the fuck is this thread about? OP's answer made absolutely no sense, it didn't bring any additional context into this and so that was pointed out. OP got butthurt and started throwing jabs of her own and here we are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Damn sore riding my bicycle over 60 some miles Sunday! Laid in my tent all day Monday resting! Bike touring at its best. Gotta love it!
Asheville, looking to hang out? Peace
Made it to chicago, had a blast. Got a bike a new bike at the squat i stayed at. So far ive been at the wsp hopout for 12 hours and not a single wbd has shown up.
Yeah remember when I said I'm going off grid for a while? Didn't last long, fucked my back up real bad and apparently I also have an enlarged heart, pretty cool. More love to give maybe? So they admitted me. I'll be on hospital grid for at least a day. Low battery and no charger though, so I'mma leave y'all with a cliffhanger probably. Will try to update before heading back out to the sticks.
100% off-grid for roughly 2 weeks? I'll try to pop in here and there if I get any trips to town. Safe travels y'all. And even if you're just sittin around talkin bout "yeah gonna hit the road in about 6 months maybe" y'all be safe doin that too alright. Armchairs be dangerous yo!
SlankyLanky wrote on EndTimesCommunityWorship's profile.
So we have a gallery section that you might consider looking at to post pictures to. It might be more convenient for other users if the newest profile posts wernt all imgur photos from you.

Members online