Squatting now ILLEGAL in the Netherlands | Squat the Planet

Squatting now ILLEGAL in the Netherlands

Loaf

Reaction score
I just recieved an e-mail from some people regarding this. Seems to me like squatting is under attack everywhere in all parts of the globe. You have to love the economic agenda. You know we are in deep shit when one of the most tolerant countries in the world to squatting has made it illegal. Pretty sad news.

On a vote today the right wingers and christian democrats have pushed through the proposal to ban squatting in the Tweede Kamer (House of Commons equivalent). This still has to be passed by the House of Lords equivalent (Eerste Kamer) but this means by January next year it will be most probably a crime to squat in NL, punishable by up to year in prison...

*news tonight, 80-100 people arrested so far
Indymedia NL (Nederland) - Kraakverbod is er door!

*dutch nationwide squatting days 30/10 and 1/11
Indymedia NL (Nederland) - Landelijke Kraakactiedagen

Loaf

Reaction score
Tell me about it, squatting in NL is awesome. They are like living in palaces and paradise my friend. Luxury squats.

smellsea

Reaction score
whatever even if it's not illegal you still get harassed for squating. in what town in the united states did you break into a house in front of a cop and they didn't try to arrest you?

Loaf

Reaction score
already have. 100 got arrested in parliament square the day the bill was on the table. I am hoping that this will possibly over turned at some point or another. I hope.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads