Squattin / rebuild abandoned town in Spanish Pyrenees (1 Viewer)

Quetzal

Lurker
Current Location
Terra nullius
Lookin for people who are interested to build a micro utopia in one of the abandoned towns of the pyrenees. Open to painters, craftsmen, militants, writers, philosophers, punks, musicians, story tellers, poets, dreamers, pirates & anyone who wants to help !

547cr2-jpg.22414_Squattin / rebuild abandoned town in Spanish Pyrenees_Squatting_Squat the Planet_3:30 PM

586cr2-jpg.22415_Squattin / rebuild abandoned town in Spanish Pyrenees_Squatting_Squat the Planet_3:30 PM

589cr2-jpg.22416_Squattin / rebuild abandoned town in Spanish Pyrenees_Squatting_Squat the Planet_3:30 PM

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

oki

Lurker
cool, weve had that idea often, when i was younger. never did it though.

OP
Quetzal

Quetzal

Lurker
Current Location
Terra nullius
whos there now?
Depends, there are a lot of little ghost towns in the pyrenees. Some are half occupied or still used as holiday homes, some are completely abandoned. Im now at the moment with a friend in south of France, were leaving wednesday to explore the mountains for a month in search for a town with acces to fresh water.

bicycle

Lurker
Current Location
Northern Germany
sounds like a good plan! wish you all the best with it and maybe in a year or so the wind would blow me towards the south.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
I'm in southern spain now, if you scout something good, keep me updated, Im always up for helping. I know quite some people that have done/are doing this, and if you want some pointers, also let me know.

Cardboard

Banned
not all of em. They aren't so uncommon as in the states. There is even a lot of opportunities to squat castles, old churches... whatever. Some of the better condition ones have been restored and have caretakers, but these ones in the Pyrenees are so common that it isn't worth the time.

Cardboard

Banned
Also, if you are serious about this, consider taking a legal route once you have found one that is suitable, and buy it. A friend bought one last year for 6k, just a parcel of land. After exploring it all he house found 2 springs, a river, and 2 settlements (one has 4 houses and a barn, the other 6 houses). You probably wont face much legal trouble squatting it (there are legal loopholes allowing squatting in Spain), but this is a lifetime project, and you never know when things might change in the future.

Sen

Lurker
If I can find a way to get there, I'm totally game. That whole passport thing has me tripped up at the moment.

Margarita

Sunset Follower
Current Location
Pittsford, NY
Wow! It looks so gorgeous! If you can find a clean, reliable source of water then you should be golden. :) If I were in Europe I would be heading for Spain as we speak... if you are serious about this then I'm sure you will still need help once I do make it across the Atlantic, and I would be thrilled to provide it. Keep us updated!

Blacknose

Lurker
Current Location
60° North , europe
I'll be making my way south this week . Planning to hit up Tarrega festival on the way to Granada and have to be back for a gig around the 20th of Sept. but I'd be really interested in such a project! Been talking about just that with many friends many times and i think one of them is actually working on a village in spanish pyrenees right now !

Hope to hear from you!

harrison

Lurker
i will be headed to spain in late december, id love for this to be a reality, keep me updated

Eviscerate

Lurker
Current Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Where is this place and where can you find other places like it?
This is incredible and i'd be totally keen to get in on it.
I'll be in europe sept next year but could come earlier if it actually started getting set up.

Eviscerate

Lurker
Current Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Why is there a one minute expiry date of the edit button?
Anyway
Cardboard can you expand on the whole buying a parcel of land for 6k? Where would you buy that from? 6k seems awfully cheap for something with a bunch of houses on it.
Also whats the climate like in the Pyrenees? what kind of stuff would grow there? i imagine the winter would be harsh as.
How far away from a city would these places be should we need to get some supplies from town or getting new people to join the place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Hitched into Quebec City, got a free wristband to a music festival with The Offspring and Blink-182 playing!! Good times, now off to Charny, back on the rails!
'All I know is that I dont know nothin'
Fillmore, California... California is the ultimate shithole..!!!
how many of you get inspired when you watch 'into the wild'??? i know it always makes me want to hit the road.
Faceplant wrote on NotmybestNotmyworst's profile.
Come here, let me give you a big, loving hug. But don’t pick up the soap.
Looking for folks in Nyc, tips also welcome!
Im absolutely alone (aside from my dog) because EVEN HERE i have to deal with cunts like you.
NotmybestNotmyworst wrote on Faceplant's profile.
Call me fucking lazy again!
dumpsternavel wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
What's with the "reacting to your own content is cheating" when it comes to rating other's comments on personal posts??

Members online