Squattheplanet is to crusties as facebook is everyone else | Squat the Planet

Squattheplanet is to crusties as facebook is everyone else

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
this website barely sustains its usefulness above just another social networking website(ie facebook, myspace, twitter)

there used to be all sorts of useful information on here, now its just updates, video posting and pointless post about the abstractness of peoples thoughts. those things are all fine, but this is not what this site used to be. i turned towards it for valuable information i couldnt find elsewhere, much of which was from experienced vets of the various lifestyles discussed. now there are more questions than people answering, constant trolling, bull shit post, and all together just full of shit.

i miss the old stp site. at least then i could turn here to get away from john does minute by minute update of his life.....

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
the only way to find what your looking for is to ask. if you dont like it here then dont get on. with time everything changes like it or not. its called life.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
"this website barely sustains its usefulness above just another social networking website"

at the top it says "Squat the Planet is a networking forum for............" ............ but yeah there was more of an informative feel a while back....sorry, i don't have anything particularly useful to share at the moment....... maybe you can help make the site what you want it to be by posting some useful info...... AND WHAT THE FUCK DOES TROLLING MEAN?!@?!?! WHAT IS A TROLL?!?!?! AM I A FUCKING "TROLL"....GAAHHHH every website that allows comments or allows you to post things on it...all i ever read is "your a troll...he's trolling...stop trolling...this is a troll thread...trolls troll troll trolllll!!!!!!!" AHHHH WTF does this meeaannn.... ^hahaha undead phoenix "I agree about the trolls. Fuckin oogles.",...... that choice of words makes me think your an idiot...sorry.....AM I TROLLING....FUCK, I THINK I AM...AM I AN OOGLE ?!?!?!FUUUCCCKKK

0ddity

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
-
Trollface.png

Reactions: Yell

bryanpaul

Reaction score
thanks..... i thought trolling was maybe being unemployed and stuck at your family's house with nothing much better to do than spend hours on the internet accomplishing basically nothing but maybe posting the occasional mildly amusing comment on squattheplanet and replying to threads which you have no real business replying to other than the fact that your bored and want to put your two cents in somewhere where nobody really gives a shit one way or another what you have to say.....but that's not trolling....so i guess i'm not a troll

D

Deleted member 125

maybe theres nothing informative on the site anymore because the people who used to post most of it no longer post. but seriously though when are we meeting up irl?

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
Abstracted -

What type of information are you interested in? I am working on starting a separate site that is more content-driven at the moment and which would return a trainhopping forum (Already ran it by MattPist, he supported it). I'm personally interested in people's stories, but I'd like to hear what sort of resources people want.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i agree the sites not what it used to be a couple years ago when i joined, but whether it's just another "facebook" or "myspace" i still enjoy coming here and reading peoples stories and living vicariously thru their travels until i hit the road again. when that happens, i probably won't be trolling on here all that often lol

Jdm81

Reaction score
i agree the sites not what it used to be a couple years ago when i joined, but whether it's just another "facebook" or "myspace" i still enjoy coming here and reading peoples stories and living vicariously thru their travels until i hit the road again. when that happens, i probably won't be trolling on here all that often lol
I'm a noob here..but I think this site is still pretty great, another that is really good for all things hitch-hiking related at least, is www.digihitch.com

eclipse

Reaction score
Abstracted -

What type of information are you interested in? I am working on starting a separate site that is more content-driven at the moment and which would return a trainhopping forum (Already ran it by MattPist, he supported it). I'm personally interested in people's stories, but I'd like to hear what sort of resources people want.

sounds like a really good idea

180 Degrees

Reaction score
this website barely sustains its usefulness above just another social networking website(ie facebook, myspace, twitter)

there used to be all sorts of useful information on here, now its just updates, video posting and pointless post about the abstractness of peoples thoughts. those things are all fine, but this is not what this site used to be. i turned towards it for valuable information i couldnt find elsewhere, much of which was from experienced vets of the various lifestyles discussed. now there are more questions than people answering, constant trolling, bull shit post, and all together just full of shit.

i miss the old stp site. at least then i could turn here to get away from john does minute by minute update of his life.....
I just joined today and am looking for useful information as you said used to be here abundantly. Exactly what type of info and resourcefulness are you referring to? As you may have just took note, ... this embodies each to their own. What I may be looking for will most likely be totally different than what you seek. I suggest maybe you bring up your ideas and we as a whole can listen and talk more.

Nelco

Reaction score

...it's because there's confusion amongst the crowd and conflicting minds.. mindless chaos..
...and you just added to the very things your complaining about by posting this thread..sometimes it's just better to not try to control everything.
I'm about to wash my hands of this site myself, because I'd rather have the nega-noids saying it to my face than through a website.

ppl's minds are the most useful informative tool out there, so if you cut out the person than all you have left is how to book.
...but you probably aren't getting what I'm saying and I'd rather kick it with my kid than be ufffing around on the internet anymore.
Enjoy the inter"webbed" wars foaks.

Reactions: kyle

eclipse

Reaction score
i'm new to this site, really don't fuck around with "technology" too much anyway and will be gone again soon, but i think this site serves a good purpose, i mean i'm not just any one thing, like "i'm an anarchist" or " i'm a trainhopper" or "i'm a gutter punk" etc. etc., i dont define myself, i am who i am, i do what i do, without definition, labels or explaination; i'm a non-conformist in the truest sense of the word, but thats a different subject...but what i'm saying is hopefully most of you out there don't see yourselves as just this or that, but have a diversity of interests, skills, knowledge, and i think this site appeals to that kind of multi-dimensional person.
that being said, i think there is also a need for a site that's more along the lines of information exchange/ networking, cause some people just see the internet as a source and potential for exchanging information and not a "social" thing.
this site has forums for different topics/ subject matter, so i guess if people use it correctly, and if their subject matter is not censored too much ( no talk about trainhopping...what the fuck? must be the new anarchy i haven't heard about yet...), then it could be a really good multi-purpose site. it is what we all make it i guess, so just remember that. thank you, and goodnight!!!

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Abstracted -

just what it used to be on here. like said above, the old informative people(and old has no age reference) no longer post as often/or at at all, and that i feel just has taken the site in a downward direction. That is just my personal opinion, and I still love using the site( hence I am on here now), I just wish it was more geared toward strictly traveling/anarchist philosophy like it was once before. let me know that link. i am totally intrigued.

Reactions: bicycle

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
...and you just added to the very things your complaining about by posting this thread..sometimes it's just better to not try to control everything.
are you not guilty of the same thing you accuse me of? it just goes around with an disposition like that. pointless fact stated.

saje2u

Reaction score
didn't read. StP is to crusties as every other site is to crusties. Most crusties I know don't internet.
As for StP its usefulness ceased after the train info was deleted/hidden - lucky I hid my RRM installer in my dropbox.

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
just what it used to be on here. like said above, the old informative people(and old has no age reference) no longer post as often/or at at all, and that i feel just has taken the site in a downward direction. That is just my personal opinion, and I still love using the site( hence I am on here now), I just wish it was more geared toward strictly traveling/anarchist philosophy like it was once before. let me know that link. i am totally intrigued.

Yeah, I hear you. Getting a new site up and running with a trainhopping forum, and Matt Pist has been kind enough to hook me up with all the downloads previously available in the "Resources" section. I'm also concerned about maintaining a good atmosphere, i.e. more informative discussion and genuine conversation, with a minimum of elitism and shit talk. I'll keep you posted, trying to make something good happen here.

Reactions: Teko and iamwhatiam

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads