squatted a mansion (1 Viewer)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
the other night i got as piss drunk as i could....i was feeling bored/depressed/alone and everything i owned was soaked and cold and the pounding rain would not relent so i figured what the hell, i'm getting drunk. i'm glad i did cause i never would have stumbled upon this empty mansion house. I'm don't really even remember how i found/got into the place but it was amazing. like 3 or 4 stories high with lots of rooms and bathrooms with running water. one of the rooms was like a big music hall or something with shiny checkered floors and high ceiling with amazing acoustics......i tripped a motion sensor alarm in one part of the building but the cops never came....haha....i would stay there more but there is some construction goin on so i think it wise to only use when i have to.

god i love waking up in squatted buildings not remembering how i got there.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

McKay

Lurker
Current Location
Canada
Waking up to everyone standing around you would have been funny.
Thinking its empty, but their all just deep sleepers

M

Mouse

I deleted myself
had to be picky but does passing out drunk in a random empty house really fall under the heading of "squatting"? uh.. I have to say I don't think so. it's a lil more involved than that.

but other than that.. sounds like you had fun. always entertaining to see where you end up on a drunken night, solong as it's not jail.. but even at times that can be funny.

OP
iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
yea you're right mouse...it's not at all squatting. i know there is much more to it than that. ;) and i don't recommend entering places like that when drunk... it just blows my mind how random it was....like the squatter gods answered my prayers that night and provided this awesome place just for me to stumble upon.....

drun_ken

Current Location
gainesville shit hole fl
Website
www.myspace.com
closet i ever came to squating a mansion...was in n.o. picking up my boy shaggy and the top floor of the electric squat was a luxury penthouse aprt....with power and water...left that day tho...n.o. in the sumer sux....other than that when i was in high school there was an unowned mansion we would skip and kick it in......

Sugarmoon

Lurker
Current Location
Haleiwa, hawaii
Thats sooOOo super Dank i wish i could stumble upon such a heavenly dream like that.. Isnt weird the blessings that come from us being high and drunk i swear i cant tell you how many times i've lost my ganja only to find it again, or to find a pound of fresh herb up in the canyons of a hiking trail in hawai. :) nice find you def have to go back at least once.. did you find any hiddne treasures to take ?

mbgeorge

Lurker
Current Location
uh... oregon for the moment
yeah that sounds cool as fuck, my buddy and i squatted what was big enough that i would call it a mansion in georgia for like 2 weeks it looked like it was three stories high, but the top two floors had been torn out and there was rubble everywhere, still had the typical huge entrance with the staircase on either side to get you upstairs, lots of books and paperwork still some furniture but there was so much debris that it was hard to check the whole thing out... still a really cool squat

seasonchange

Lurker
Current Location
I wish I could stumble upon such things as this. All I can ever find is run down houses in Detroit
beautiful, mansion-like run down houses though. have you been up and down trumbull ave? only place i really stayed in detroit, but fucking gorgeous empty houses everywhere. i want 'em all. swear to god next summer i'll be spending at least a couple months in detroit fixing a place up. squatting's fucking easy in michigan, too!

Dmac

Wanderer
Current Location
outside omaha
Bitchin! did you hear that the actor Randy Quaid and his wife were busted squatting in a mansion recently? somewhere in the LA area.

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Current Location
Chuck Town
...squatting's fucking easy in michigan, too!
Detroit for the most part is a damn ghost town now. Lots of empty factories, stores, houses, etc.
I lived in Michigan for a long time and watched most of the state die. Not a good place if you are trying live a "legit" life with a house and job. But for squatters its awesome. There are large areas of suburbs with almost brand new houses that no one will ever live in again.

emc

Lurker
sounds like something right out of bladerunner! good thing you didnt find some creepy dude with a doll factory!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

croc wrote on bowldog's profile.
Love ur profile pic. She looks so sultry peeking thru the trees
dumpsternavel wrote on Rhubarb Dwyer's profile.
So clevar
The only good part about the ER is the BE that comes before-hand! :p
forgot how fast people'll throw the first blow in the street
got complacent having only sparred with friends recently.
was socked in the head,
only managed to block the second blow or so
before being knocked to the ground

(to be fair, knocking us off our feet isn't hard when we require a cane or smth to support ourselves most days)
Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??

Members online