Spots to be left alone in Portland Oregon | Squat the Planet

Spots to be left alone in Portland Oregon

Reaction score
Me and my husband have been camping around Portland Oregon for nearly a month now. They're starting to get aggressive with the sweeps and we're looking for somewhere with a moderate amount of privacy that people will respect our site. The spot we're staying in now is full of silica sand so tips on how to be safe around silica sand would also be appreciated 😇 I'm completely new to this site although my husband has used it before so hello as well!

stonesolid86

Reaction score
Right on! As you know already Seattle has many sub sections in the city. I know in my travels another welcoming area in the city was Belltown. And Sodo. Stands for south of downtown. If I remember right Belltown was being highly gentrified. So I don't know how inviting it would be anymore.

sevedemanos

Reaction score
i was sleeping outside while working in portland for a year bc the rent there is so high. basically just dont do that in pdx.. i only lasted that long bc ive been stealth camping for a long ass time. if you dont know what youre doing, save for a van and park it as far away from northeast as possible

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
i was sleeping outside while working in portland for a year bc the rent there is so high. basically just dont do that in pdx.. i only lasted that long bc ive been stealth camping for a long ass time. if you dont know what youre doing, save for a van and park it as far away from northeast as possible

It sounds like I should just go into a shelter. Thank you for the advice.

sevedemanos

Reaction score
the shelters there are depressing and overridden with obnoxious crackheads.

generally speaking, you can sleep almost anywhere there without getting targeted — as long as you only spend a day or so in any given area

it all depends though. its not really a topic anybody can provide good advice on when it comes to metro areas

Reactions: Gin

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
the shelters there are depressing and overridden with obnoxious crackheads.

generally speaking, you can sleep almost anywhere there without getting targeted — as long as you only spend a day or so in any given area

it all depends though. its not really a topic anybody can provide good advice on when it comes to metro areas

I've stayed in shelters and other places before. Normally, a bit of light socializing works and not going anywhere dark with strangers, and I always trust my gut!

Thank you!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: sevedemanos

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Portland is pretty touchy these days. If you can get there, go across the river to Vancouver WA.

In my experience the cops and locals are worse in Vancouver. I have a couple places up there but really don't want to drop the locations because they are few and far between.

The last time I went to PDX I got out as soon as I possibly could. I don't think I'll be going back, except to immediately switch trains and leave the same/next day, ever again.

That being said, the Northeast at the end of the bus lines isint as bad, as @sevedemanos said.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads