Spiritual/Healing Places/People/Things around SF and North?

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
I'm escaping the Polar Vortex for a minute (have been in muddafukkin' MI all winter), and flying to San Fran on Valentine's Day (shitty-ass day, made infinitely less shitty by TRAVELLLINN'!). I've been to the city before, but never north... all i REALLY want to do is hunker down in the redwoods. I know there's posts on here regarding that, so I won't ask that question :) However... does anyone know of any spiritually-oriented events, ashrams, sanghas, free yoga, things like Ecstatic Dance (which i refer to as 'Spastic Trance'), etc, in the area?

My family has been going through a rough-ass time of it... my father has cancer... I'm also going to try to manifest some THC oil for him, if at all possible (so if anyone knows anything about THAT.. please PM me). He's too sick to really even get out and go through a doctor's appt to get his own card, and actual OIL here is still lacking, although we are medicalized. So... here's hopin'. Much thanx in advance, anything helps!

Oh. And free 'feedings'... Any info on that?

Blessings,
~ melissA

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
in golden gate park on maybe thursday or sunday i cant remeber but theres a drum circle in the evening till dark. and go to the front of golden gate where all the dirty kids hangout and you'll be able to find what your looking for substance wise

PIE

Reaction score
I'd go to Ukiah or Fort Bragg in Mendocino County, Arcata and Trinidad in Humboldt County are good towns for that. The weather isn't as nice as Frisco.

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
There's NOTHING spiritual about San Francisco. If you're headed NBD into Mendo and Humbolt this time of year, be prepared to freeze your toes off. But Willits and Fort Bragg are worth checking out. Camping and hitching couldn't be easier. Bike tour is also a viable option. You'll find your oil without a problem, but you'll also find a plague of deadhead trashbag hippies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads